Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mia Diekow: "I constantly look for beauty, emotion and communication"

Photo: Tim Dobrovolny
Germany is doing a national final this year and i did an interview with one of the finalists of Unser song für Malmö, here are the answers of the lovely MIA DIEKOW:

Name: Mia Diekow
Zodiac sign: Libra
Height: 1.66 cm
Favorite Color: Mauve and mint
Favourite food: Apples
Eye color: Blue
Where are you right now? On planet earth, in my kitchen in Hamburg, preparing the styling for the music video for "Lieblingslied".
3 Fears: Fear, heights, huge moths
What’s your strangest talent? I can imitate a laughing baby quite natural.
Do you have any nicknames? Just a few: Meitschi, Mietscho. I like to make up names for other people.
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? I make stuff, like paper jewelry. I rarely get bored, my mind always wanders.
What are you really good at? Make people laugh. Create something out of nothing.
What are you really bad at? Knowing what I'm really bad at.
Childhood idol: Michael Jackson, Helge Schneider
Favorite movie: "Weiße Katze, schwarzer Kater" by Emir Kusturica and many more. I'm addicted to cinema.
Tell me something no one knows about you: One of my alter egos is Dr. Pfote. A fat cat, who's a berlin-based, cigar smoking private investigator, who likes to tell people how the world works..
What would you do if you were invisible? I'd tickle or stroke people who look like they need it.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I'd like to be able to make plants grow everywhere, on cars, houses, super-villains..
What is your guilty pleasure? Coffee, chocolates, second hand clothes.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: There are so many. There's an artist who always gets me there: Stevie Wonder.
Tell me one of your bad habits: I'm a proper nerd, I can get fixated on a subject. But on the other hand I can be lazy, so it balances out.
Describe yourself with 3 words: Playful, sensitive, curious.
Can you teach me some interesting words in German? There are a few very distinctive, poetic ones like "Weltschmerz". It means your heart aches for the sake of the world. Or "gemütlich", you could try and translate it with cosy, comfy.
When did you start singing? Shortly after I started making noises.
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Mia Diekow? and tell me your answer:  
Q: Are you out of your mind? 
A: "From time to time, one doesn't want to stay in all the time. One must be allowed a holiday."

The final of Unser song für Malmö is getting closer. How do you feel right now? 
Very excited. I never played for such a huge crowd.
How would you describe yourself as an artist? 
As an artist and as a person I constantly look for beauty, emotion and communication. But I'm not able to describe my work. Sorry!

You are one of the finalists of the German final. How did it all begin? 
My label asked me if I had a song that could fit the contest and I felt that "Lieblingslied", which I wrote a year and a half ago, would.
Photo: Mali Lazell
"Lieblingslied" is the name of your song, what can you tell me about it? what is the song about? when are you going to release it?
It's gonna be released in early February. It's a song about a song that I can't get out of my head, that haunts me. Just like a love affair which you're a little embarrassed of. An infatuation that is burning but all the while you know it's not gonna last.

Describe your song with 4 words. 
Cheerful, swinging, cheeky, colorful.
What can you tell me about the performance? what can we expect? 
Hopefully an entertaining moment which will make you want to sing and dance.
What do you think about the other acts in the competition? have you heard any of the songs?
I must admit, I haven't heard anything yet. But I look forward to meet them, there's a great variety in the contestants.

What do you like about Eurovision? 
As a singer/songwriter I like that people are so interested to find a good song.
What can you tell me about "Die Logik liegt am Boden"? 
That's my debut! I was recording it without any budget cause I wanted to have artistic freedom. The process of making it was one of the best experiences of my life. It brought love and sound to me. I hope you can feel that shimmering through if you listen to it.
What are your plans for this year? 
Apart from the ESC-Experience, I'm gonna finish writing my second Album and find people to record and release it. And I'll try to grow up a little and still stay open and playful.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview? 
If you really got this far reading - thank you for your time! If you wanna know more about what I do check out my work, you might like it.. 


Thanks to Mia!! She is really cool and i like her music a lot.

If you want more info about her, here is her facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MiaDiekow
Her official website: http://www.miadiekow.com

Here is the link to listen her Eurovision song "Lieblingslied" : http://www.eurovision.de/teilnehmer/miadiekow107.html

What a great song, its one of my favorites so GO MIA! i wish her all the best in the Unser song für Malmö final.

No comments:

Post a Comment