Thursday, January 17, 2013

Magni Ásgeirsson: "I´ve had a blast every time, that´s why I do it again"

Its time to see a new interview and its from another Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins finalist! Here are the answers of MAGNI ÁSGEIRSSON:

Name: Magni Ásgeirsson
Age: 34
Zodiac sign: Ophiuchus
Height: 1.86
Favorite Color: deep blue 
Favourite food: I just love good food - the list is way to long 
Shoe Size: 42
Eye color: varies - green-ish
Where are you right now?: Home 
3 things that makes you happy: My sons, my wife and music 
What’s your strangest talent? I can talk like Donald duck - It´s freaky 
Do you have any nicknames? Not on a daily basis but Magni-ficent has kinda stuck 
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? Put a record on and clean...
What are you really good at? Parenting I hope
What are you really bad at? Listening and remembering
Childhood idol : Michael Jackson
Tell me something no one knows about you: That would get us both in trouble...
What would you do if you were invisible? Stop shaving 
Favorite movie: Lord of the rings, Star wars, Forrest Gump, Speceballs - it´s a really long list 
Tell me a super power you wish you had:.Flying looks like fun - I´ll have that
What's your favorite part of your body? my eyes - with them I get to watch my sons grow up 
Tell me one of your insecurities: I have many, I´m shy off stage, I´m afraid of failure, I get sea sick... I´m a mess! 
What is your guilty pleasure? Candy, I love chocolate and coca cola...
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: State of love and trust by Pearl jam
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Nammi - Candy.   
Tell me some of your bad habits: When I´m nervous I chew my nails, I can be negative now and then and I sometimes bum a smoke...
When did you start singing and writing? around 12 years old I think - we started a band back then 
We are getting closer to the semifinals, how do you feel right now? 
Calm, I don´t really think of it like I´m competing, the other singers are mostly my friends, If anything I´m competing with my self, It´s up to the voters who wins, not us really 

How would you describe as an artist? 
Hmmm... Singer/songwriter, honest, powerful?

How many times have you participated in the national selection? and what memories do you have from those years? 
This is my fifth time! I´ve had a blast every time, that´s why I do it again.  

Ekki Líta Undan is the title of your song this year. What can you tell me about it? what is the song about? what did you think the 1st time you heard it? 
It´s a pop/rock song with some good lines and catchy chorus. The Icelandic lyrics deal with loss and regret. I liked it from the get go and hope I do it justice and get to do it in english in Sweden like it was meant to be.  

Describe your song with 4 words 
Catchy, powerful pop/rock 
What can you tell me about the performance? what can we expect? 
Mostly me singing it - I don´t think there´s room for pyros 

Did you listen to the songs that are going to compete with you in the selection? what do you think about them? 
There are some good ones and some not so good like in every contest, but that´s just my opinion and I´m usually wrong when it comes to jurovision ;)

What do you like about Eurovision?  
Everything, it´s a fun show and everyone has an opinion about it 

What do you dislike about Eurovision? 
The fact that everyone have to voice their opinion about it! hehe 

Did you watch eurovision 2012? what do you think about the winner?
She was amazing! There was no doubt in my mind that she would win 

Do you like any of the Eurovision songs from Iceland? 
Of course! We have mostly had good songs and even some greats that are now classics over here 
What can you tell me about "Í huganum heim"? 
My second solo album that came out last november. It has 11 songs mostly by me and Vignir my friend and producer (one of Sjonni´s friends). The album is in Icelandic, It´s very personal and close and I´m really proud of it. 

What are your plans for this year? 
Playing music, enjoying life with my family and smiling more 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview? 
Love each other - life is shorter than you think. 



Here is his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/magnimusic/
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/magnirocks

Thanks to Magni for the interview!! I wish him Good luck in the semifinal!

No comments:

Post a Comment