Thursday, January 21, 2016

Simone: "I enjoy being an artist that you can’t put in a box"

Photo: Agnete Schlichtkrull
Now we are going to Denmark for an interview with one of the favorite acts from DMGP 2016. Here are the answers of SIMONE:
Name: Simone Egeriis
Birthday: 28. January 1992
Height: 165cm.
Favorite color: Blue or black
Where are you right now? In my office at home
What’s your strangest talent? I can make a facial expression that looks like I have a mustache
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Fullsize cardboard figure of Elvis
What are you really good at? Singing ;-)
What are you really bad at? I´m really bad at remembering things!
Childhood idol: Celine Dion
Childhood memory: When I won the the Danish Championship in dog sledding. :-)
Celebrity crush: Jesse Metcalfe
What would you do if you were invisible? I would ride my horse in a straight direction without thinking about getting caught, riding in cornfields.
Favorite movie: The Horse whisperer or Avatar
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? If I were a boy for a day, I would get up in the morning, put on some clothes and leave the house, enjoying the feeling of not thinking about my hair and makeup.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: September (Earth wind and fire) or This will be (Natalie Cole)
When did you start singing? I've been singing all my life. As far back, as I can remember.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Danish? Rød grød med fløde. (One of the hardest things to say in Danish) :-)
Hello Simone! Welcome back to DMGP! How are you?
Thank you! - I´m good! - I´m excited, thrilled and thankful to be participating in DMGP 2016.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I love singing ballads, but I also like to challenge myself singing other styles like opera, rock, jazz, etc. So basically right now, I enjoy being an artist that you can’t put in a box
Photo: Jan Unger
This is going to be your 3rd time in DMGP, what did you learn from your past DMGP experiences?
I learned a lot of things! Mostly to be in the present and enjoy the ride. It’s such a huge experience, that you don’t want to miss a second.
You are one of the participants of DMGP 2016. How did it all begin?
Well. I got contacted by DR, and was asked if I wanted to participate with this song. When I heard it for the first time, there was no doubt in my mind. This was the beginning of a new adventure.
Photo: Jan Unger
“Heart shaped hole” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
Heart Shaped Hole is a strong song about letting go. That the end also means a new beginning, where you are stronger and more alive.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Powerful, unique, breathtaking and international.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
I can´t tell much about the show yet. But it´s going to be spectacular with a lot of effects. :-)
Do you already know what you’re going to wear for the final? Any hint?
I do, but it’s a surprise!

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
Yes, I´ve heard all the other songs. And I haven’t been able to pick out a favorite, cause I think they all have something special. It´s a strong field this year.
What do you like about Eurovision?
Eurovision is a celebration to music, and that’s what I love the most. Music is so important to all of us, and to create such a beautiful show that we can all enjoy is amazing.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I don’t think that I dislike anything about it.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Fear: Spiders
Scenen er din: The beginning of everything
Nightmare: Not my favorite
Pizza: Mmmm…
Clones: ?
Dreams: One of the most important things to me.
What are your plans for 2016?
Plans for 2016: Singing my heart out! :-)

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you for an interesting and different interview! - I hope to hear more from you again.
Photo: Agnete Schlichtkrull
Thanks to Simone for the interview. I wish her all the best in DMGP! Go Simone!

Official website: http://www.simone.dk/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simone.egeriis/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/simoneegeriis

No comments:

Post a Comment