Thursday, January 7, 2016

Barei: A Forceful, emotional and truthful artist

Hola a todos, time to get to know better another finalist from the spanish national final. Here are the answers of BAREI:
Name: Bárbara
Birthday: 29th of March
Height: 1.60 m
Favorite color: Red
Favorite food: Sushi
Where are you right now?  At the studio
3 things that make you happy: children, nature, music.
What’s your strangest talent? I´m a belly dancer since I was 3 years old.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A bell
What are you really good at? Sports
What are you really bad at? Percussion
Childhood idol: Michael Jackson
Childhood memory: Family travels and my first love
Tell me something no one knows about you: It´s a secret that I can’t tell.
What would you do if you were invisible? I would go naked in the summer and NO MORE MAKEUP!
Favorite movie: Moulin Rouge 
Favorite TV series: Shameless and Friends.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish I could fly of course
What is your guilty pleasure? Food
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: "We are the world"
When did you start singing and writing? I started singing at 3 but I didn´t compose until my adolescence.
Can you teach me some interesting words in spanish? Sorry/Perdón, I love you/Te quiero, Thanks/Gracias, I´m happy/Estoy feliz, How can I help you?/¿En qué te puedo ayudar?
Hello Barei! How are you?
Fine, thank you. Excited about all this.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Forceful, emotional and truthful

You are one of the 6 participants in the Spanish national selection. How did it all begin?
The truth is that it was my manager who presented my candidacy recently and suddenly called me telling me that they had liked my project and my music and I could be one of the candidates... and now, a few weeks later, here I am. I´m excited with this opportunity that I wouldn´t like to miss.
Can you tell me something no one knows about your eurovision song?
Nothing is what it seems at the beginning.

What can we expect to see on stage from you?
I would like to offer a very powerful and innovative performance with a minimalist bet, a very international image and something creative and different from anything previously submitted.
I would like to say that I will show all this at the TVE Final but they have different ideas for that day... So I must go to Stockholm if you would like to see it completely. ¡Fingers crossed!
Did you watch Eurovision 2015? Who were your favorites?
"Love Injected" by Aminata on 2015, "A million voices" because of her emotional performance and of course the winner "Heroes"... Incredible staging!
What do you like about Eurovision?
The people that live it with devotion, the music, the audience, the fact of sharing ,
travelling, knowing different kinds of artists and styles... Everything! 

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
This kind of competitions we have to go through before knowing who is going to represent our country. I wish we wouldn´t have to compete against each other in this when music is the most important thing that we share.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Darkness: black
Sky: freedom
Nightmare: me
Dog: three
Wind machine: Beyonce
Pizza: Sunday
Dreams: faith
What are your plans for 2016?
I´m always writing for other artists from here and foreign countries but at the same time I continue with my own project as Barei, promoting my latest album with concerts and interviews, filming new music videos, recording new songs for my next work. This a "non stop" life.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Everything I feel from the first moment is GRATITUDE so I only have one thing to say: THANK YOU for your support, your energy, your words and your unconditional love. 
Now, it´s time to work hard and be at the height of what you expect from me and my song.
Thanks to Barei for the interview!

Official website: http://www.bareimusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment