Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Electric Nana: "I still can't believe I'm one of the six finalists"

Welcome to the 1st post of 2016! We will start the year with an interview with one of the artists from the Spanish national final. Here are the answers of ELECTRIC NANA:
Name: Monica
Birthday: 28/04
Height: 1'58... I think. I come in travel size. 
Favorite color: Purple.. and green. 
Favorite food: spanish food! Specially tortilla de patatas. 
Where are you right now? At my parent's place, in Madrid.
3 things that make you happy: good food, good wine and good people.
What’s your strangest talent? I'm really good at finding things. 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? That's a pretty hard question to answer...whatever it is, it's pretty normal for me so... I don't know! XD
What are you really good at? Writing music. 
What are you really bad at? Telling jokes. I'm awful at it. It kills me. 
Childhood idol: Luke Skywalker.
Childhood memory: Traveling with my family by car, singing and listening to music. I love road trips.
Tell me something no one knows about you: I can read the same book 5 times and still be surprised by it: I have a terrible memory, and I love it. 
What would you do if you were invisible? I would probably sneak into movie theaters all the time. 
Favorite movie: tricky... I really like A Night at the Opera. 
Favorite TV series: Firefly... and Peaky Blinders. Bloody awesome.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Teleportation. Obviously. 
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Come on Eileen, by Dexys Midnight Runners. Love it.
When did you start singing and writitng? When I was 14. 
Can you teach me some interesting words in spanish? "Flipante", means "awesome" and "incredible" at the same time. And "mogollón", means "a lot". Really like those two. XD
Hello Electric Nana, how are you? How is the eurovision world treating you so far?
Really, really well! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. ;P

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I'm an international songwriter that likes to mix up everything she likes with no prejudice or preconception at all.  
Tell me about your name, why Electric Nana?
Nana was a nickname given to me because of my terrible memory: I always end up singing "nananana" instead of the proper lyrics of the songs. "Electric" came soon after, because I started using an electric guitar... I dont know, it sounded ok in my mind. XD
You are one of the 6 participants in the Spanish national selection. How did it all begin?
I sent my application pretty late, a couple of days before the closing date, and sent 3 songs I wrote for Eurovision. TVE chose 2, and we decided to choose the one you're going to listen soon enough. It was all pretty fast, and amazing. I still can't believe I'm one of the six finalists. 
I know you cant say much about it but can you tell me something you haven’t told anyone about the song?
I would like to BE that song. Hahaha. 

What can we expect to see on stage from you?
Lot's of fun. 
Did you watch Eurovision 2015? Who were your favorites?
My favorites were Australia, Estonia and Sweden. 

What do you like about Eurovision?
It's an annual celebration of music where Europe comes together to be awesome as hell. What's not to like. 

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
It's only once a year. 
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Eurodrama: exciting
Freedom: breathing
Stage: light
Alpaca: Peru
Fangirling: clapping
Nightmare: darkness
Spain: gift
Dreams: maps
What are your plans for 2016?
Recording my second album and finishing up my very first book! 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you so much for your time! I send you all of my love from Spain! Hope I get to see you guys soon! ;)
Thanks to Electric Nana for the interview! Cant wait to listen to her song.

Official website: http://www.electricnana.es/

No comments:

Post a Comment