Thursday, January 14, 2016

Mikael Saari: The performance is going to be personal, powerful and beautiful

Hello Finland! Are you ready for the first UMK 2016 interview? I AM! He came 2nd in 2013 with "We should be through" and this year he is back with another incredible song. Here are the answers of MIKAEL SAARI:

Where are you right now? - Home, in bed, having a really annoying cold.
3 things that make you happy: - Friends, Family, Kindness
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? - Old Finnish instruments
Childhood memory: - Football. I have so bad knees I haven’t played for years.
Celebrity crush: - Emma Watson
Tell me a lie: - Cottage cheese is made of moomins.
How would you like to die in a horror movie? - By being hit by an airplane
What is the best gift you have ever received? - a lego pirate ship
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? - It cleans itself
Craziest thing you've ever done: - published my own music
Favorite TV series: - Friends, Simpsons, Monty Python’s Flying Circus 
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? - Scare my friends
Name a song that never fails to make you dance: - I don’t dance :)
When did you start writing? - When I was four
Can you teach me some interesting words in finnish? - interesting is ’mielenkiintoinen’ in finnish!
Hello Mikael! Welcome back to UMK! How are you?
I’m good, thank you, I have a bit of a cold, but luckily I have a few days now to do nothing with, so I can lay in bed.

What did you learn from your UMK 2013 experience?
I don’t think I necessarily learned anything, I had such a good time!
Now let’s talk about UMK 2016. How did it all begin?
In August I received a phone call from the UMK producers asking me to think of participating again. I hesitated for a few days, but here we are now!

“On it goes” is the title of your song. What’s the story behind it?
The protagonist of the song hasn’t been quite the best of characters in the recent future, and the lyrics are a kind of depiction of his thoughts about that.
Photo: YLE
Describe the song with 4 words:
Organic
Human
Raw
Skin-deep
What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
I won’t be revealing too much at this point! But I can say that it is going to be personal, powerful and beautiful.

Tell me about the official video of “On it goes”:
I had fun writing the video and during the shoot, all the people seen on the video are friends and family. It was one day, one location, a very compact production, and I’m happy about it. 
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Art: Everything
Darkness: Paramount
Sauna: Health
Musical: Les Miserables
Clones: Star Wars
Krista Siegfrids: Friend
Dreams: Future
What are your plans for 2016?
Gigs and Theatre work, and a healthy amount of free time with my family. Just the way I think best.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
All the best to you, and a very happy start to the year 2016!
Thanks to Mikael for the interview. Wish him all the best in UMK! Team Saari all the way!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mikaelsaariofficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Mikael_Saari
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCQz7AVw8VbKDlgT5-To3ag


Mikael Saari - On it goes
(Mikael Saari, Kai Poutanen)

Take
what’s yours and go
Let me empty my head
Fake 
there’s nothing to show
You won’t be missing my bed

Let good times roll
and take it slow
I may love her more
or wish that she could be you

And on it goes

How deep
are the secrets you keep
Do you want to speak
’cause oh me
They make me all weak
Make my sleep all bleak

But you will never be
the one who’s able to see
all the things I’ve been
or how I want to go

And on it goes

Take my bleeding heart
and paint it black with shame
Strike me down from my throne
How stained is my conscience for good
as from a movie it’s shown

If I could bring back yesterday
I would if I could but I can’t

No, nothing died
not what we had,
not you, not I
Fake a smile, and for a while
I may love her more
or wish that she could be you

And on it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment