Monday, January 18, 2016

Anja Nissen: I think "Never alone" is perfect for Eurovision

Photo: Daniel Boud
A new week starts with our 2nd DMGP interview, here are the answers of ANJA NISSEN:
Name: Anja Nissen
Birthday: 6/11/1995
Height: 170cm
Favorite color: teal blue
Favorite food: Rice pudding
Where are you right now? Outside in the snow
3 things that make you happy: music, family/friends/animals and relaxing baths.
What’s your strangest talent? Catching snakes or handling animals like lizards and frogs.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I have had so many weird things in my room from pet eels, shrimps, rats, birds, lizards, snakes. So these days I try to be a little normal haha
What are you really good at? Talking (too much) and observing. Cooking, arts, organising.
What are you really bad at? Playing the drums and having a clean room haha
Childhood idol: Celine Dion
Childhood memory: being outside all the time and singing, catching weird things like giant eels and breeding frogs.
Tell me something no one knows about you: I am an open book. That I have shared almost everything haha maybe that I wish I could live in a cave one day (not forever) but just be outside somewhere with nothing but the land, sounds weird but I have always wanted to do it since I was little.
What would you do if you were invisible? Be on stage with Michael Jackson and be able to experience his perspective
Favorite movie: Avatar
Favorite TV series: Parks and recreation, Orange is the new black
What is your guilty pleasure? Ice cream, Danish candy
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Under the sea - Little Mermaid
When did you start singing? Age 4
Can you teach me some interesting words in danish? Can you teach me? I'm still learning to haha my favorite words to say in Danish are 'allerede' and 'prøve'.
Hello Anja! How are you?
Excited, I can't wait to perform

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Deep, dynamic, energetic, powerful.
Photo: Kiera Chevell
You won the 3rd season of The Voice Australia, what did you learn from that experience?
To let myself go

You are one of the participants of DMGP 2016. How did it all begin?
Always wanted to do it. Got a call from a publisher in Denmark who needed a singer for 'Never Alone'.
“Never alone” is the title of your song. What’s the story behind it?
It's about people sharing the same experience, it means that when you think you're alone there is always someone who will stand by your side and help you. It's about bringing people together and sings of our power when we are unified. I think it is perfect for Eurovision because it has the essence of what Eurovision is about. 
What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Me giving it my best shot! Being myself and having fun!

Do you already know what you’re going to wear for the final? Any hint?
We haven't focused much on the outfit, something simple that don't distract from the performance or the song is our goal.
What do you like about Eurovision?
Seeing everyone come together and show so much pride in their country.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
When competing in general there are sometimes people that get distracted about wining and become negative towards others or focused on that. I don't really like that.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Wind machine: feathers
Nightmare: I have lots
Australia: Bondi beach
Stage: emotions
Pizza: cheese
Dreams: I have crazy ones
What are your plans for 2016?
Make it a successful year and a good one with loved ones and a happy healthy self.
Photo: Agnete Schlichtkrull
Thanks to Anja for the interview! Good luck in DMGP!

Official web: http://www.anjanissenofficial.com.au/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/anjanissenmusic
Twitter: https://twitter.com/anja_nissen
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anjanissen/

No comments:

Post a Comment