Monday, January 25, 2016

Saara Aalto: I’m singing “No Fear” to all those people who have prejudices towards other people

Photo: Ville Paul Paasimaa
Today Im feeling fearless so Im going to post a new UMK interview. Here are the answers of SAARA AALTO:
Name: Saara (Sofia) Aalto
Birthday: 2.5
Height: 164 cm
Favorite color: pink
Favorite food: sushi
Where are you right now? In my kitchen, just finished eating breakfast
What’s your strangest talent? I have a very good memory, so I can learn things very quickly. That helps a lot when I study for example Chinese and Japanese, or a new dance routine!
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Pink table chandelier that most people think is disgusting (but I love it!) and a diamond crown I made for one of my shows.
What are you really good at? Concentrating and focusing on things that interest me… and there are many of those things!
What are you really bad at? Normal practical things like cooking, cleaning the house… understanding jokes!
Childhood idol: Spice Girls
Childhood memory: When I was 10 years old, I wanted to have my own band, just like Spice Girls. So I established a band called “Young Stars” with my friend. We composed all the songs in English and I made the backing tracks with my computer. Dad taught me how to do that :D We were really young, but we had some gigs! It was fun and that’s when I started to compose in English!
Celebrity crush: Adam Lambert :D He’s such a good singer and confident performer! Can’t call that a crush really… :D
Tell me something no one knows about you: I always make sure I don’t have my cellphone near me when I sleep, because of the radiation.
What would you do if you were invisible? I’d like to see what my dogs are doing when I’m not at home.
Favorite movie: Little Women
Favorite TV series: Nashville, L word, 24…
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? I’d be a charming gentleman and treat every girl as they were princesses.
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate ice cream
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Japanese pop music! Like Mr. Moonlight by Morning Musume!
When did you start singing? I sang before I talked. I first sang on the radio when I was 1,5 years old.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Finnish? There are many interesting words in Finnish language, like: Lämpimämpi (means warmer) Lämmin means warm, but when you want to say warmer, you say lämpimämpi. Also “söpö” means “cute”. And if you say “sikasöpö”, it means VERY cute. But the word sika actually means a pig... so literally it means “pigcute”. But you can add “sika” in front of every word to mean VERY…it’s weird... what has a pig to do with that? :D
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I’m an exotic fairy princess from Finland. Lots of love to share to the world. It’s all about a good show and emotional singing!

What do you remember the most from your Euroviisut 2011 experience?
I remember I was full of love and good feelings. I had an amazing group of friends with me on stage, and we really enjoyed every minute of it.
You are one of the participants of UMK 2016. How did it all begin?
The ESC is my big dream, so I thought now would be a good time. I composed the song and thought it would fit very well to the competition.

“No fear” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it? 

Most of us are afraid of people who are different than us… and some of us might even do bad things to others if they are afraid. With this song I’m singing “No Fear” to all those people who have prejudices towards other people. Why can’t we all just forget our fears and live together on this beautiful Earth. I want this song to be the happy funeral of fear, where people are dancing together!

Describe the song with 4 words:
Uplifting, hopeful, strong, loving

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
A grand show… one hint: origami!
Photo: Ville Paul Paasimaa
Do you already know what you’re going to wear for the semifinal? Any hint?
No more hints :D

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
I have listened those songs a lot! My favorite would probably be Sadhja’s Sing it Away.
What do you like about Eurovision?
The world is getting together, enjoying music and laughter together!

What do you dislike about Eurovision?

Nothing…
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Nightmare: Black
Puppies: My own dearest Lily-puppy that I got home last week!
Love: my family
Censorship: China
Clones: Scifi movie
Watermelon: fruit
Dreams: white clouds
What are your plans for 2016?
To celebrate at the Eurovision Song Contest! Sharing my No Fear-attitude to the world and trying to make the world a better place with my music and example.
Photo: YLE
Thanks to Saara for the interview! Wish her all the best in UMK!

Official website: http://www.saaraaalto.com/
Facebook: http://facebook.com/saaraaaltoofficial
Twitter: http://twitter.com/saaraaalto
Instagram: http://instagram.com/saaraaalto

No comments:

Post a Comment