Monday, January 18, 2016

Kristel Lisberg: "You can expect a powerful performance"

Photo: Agnete Schlichtkrull
Who wants another DMGP interview? I do! Here are the answers of KRISTEL LISBERG:
Name: Kristel Lisberg
Birthday: 06.08.1988
Height: 171 cm
Favorite color: Pink and purple
Favorite food: I love when my mom makes lamb, sauce and brown sugar potatoes
Where are you right now? Right now I am with one of my girl friends, just relaxing on her sofa in front of the TV with her cat Lulu
What’s your strangest talent? I love talking like I was a cartoon character haha
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I dont know actually
What are you really good at? I think singing is my biggest talent, making songs and painting
What are you really bad at? Biking in Copenhagen. I am always about to be run over by cars haha
Childhood idol: I had many, but in the music business it was Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston and all the big divas
Childhood memory: It was always a lot of music, singing with my hairbrush in front of the mirror, me and my dad singing loud in the car, singing in front of my family. I always dreamt about being a singer haha
Celebrity crush: Theo James
Tell me something no one knows about you: I had a brother that passed away
What would you do if you were invisible? I would go crazy in all the shopping stores and take dresses, shoes etc. home with me haha
Favorite movie: The Notebook and many others
Favorite TV series: Desperate Housewives, The big bang theory, Breaking bad etc.
What is your guilty pleasure? A lot of ice cream
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? Listen to Beyonce’s song "If I were a Boy" and then you'll know ;)
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Crazy from Patsy Cline. It was the first cd I got as a child and it brings back great memories
When did you start singing and writing? I started singing when I was about 1-2 years old and had my first performance when I was 7. I wrote my first song when I was about 14 years old
Can you teach me some interesting words in danish? Yes I can and on Faroese: DK: Smuk -means beautiful FO: Vøkur - means beautiful
Hello Kristel! How are you?
Hi, I am great. A little nervous and excited at the same time when I think about the Danish Melodi Grand Prix

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I love big pop ballads and deep lyrics that can reach out to people’s hearts
.
You are one of the participants of DMGP 2016. How did it all begin?
I moved from the Faroe Islands to Denmark in 2012 where I competed in the danish X factor. I got some good contacts through X factor and two months ago I got a call if I would like to try out for the song "Who needs a Heart".
Photo: Jesper Bang-p Thortzen
“Who needs a heart” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
The story behind the song is about how it feels after a bad break-up, which I think a lot of people can relate to. Also I think the song is about going for your dreams, instead of just dreaming and doing nothing about it, where the lyrics says "Im gonna dream wide awake"
Describe the song with 4 words:
Powerful, Touching, Catchy, Unique

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
You can expect a powerful performance where I am going to give my all
Do you have any idea about what you’re going to wear for the final? Any hint?
It’s going to be a very special dress, but it is not finished yet, so I am very excited to see the finished result

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
Yes, and of course my song is my favorite. But it is going to be a tough competition
What do you like about Eurovision?
Everything. It is exciting and like no other competition where Europe comes together

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I dont think I have any dislike
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Wind machine: A wind mill
Nightmare: Nightmare on Elm Street - Freddy Krueger
Music: Spotify
Shark: The sea
Shoes: glitter
Dreams: A Stage
What are your plans for 2016?
To make a lot of music

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
That people should vote for the song "Who Needs a Heart"
Photo: Jesper Bang-p Thortzen
Thanks to Kristel for the interview! Good luck in DMGP!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kristellisberg
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristellisberg/

No comments:

Post a Comment