Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Mick Pedaja: "Seis" is about feelings and fears

Photo: Felix Laasme
Time for a new Eesti laul interview. He already went to Eurovision as a backing vocalist for the Estonian entry in 2010 and now he is back with one of the best songs from this years selection. Here are the anwers of MICK PEDAJA:
Name: Mick Pedaja
Birthday: 07.03.1993
Height: 173cm
Favorite color: brown green
Favorite food: quinoa salad with hummus and beetroot patty
Shoe Size: 42
Where are you right now? At grandmothers place
3 things that make you happy: nature, music and food
What’s your strangest talent? Collecting different stones from everywhere 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A lot of stones
What are you really good at? Making music, drawing mandalas
What are you really bad at?  Math, chemistry and physics
Childhood idol: My uncle's daughter and Limp bizkit 
Childhood memory: I was a little boy and my cousin and I stole cigarettes from grandmother’s secret place and we smoked the whole pack of them. Young rebels.
What would you do if you were invisible? I would help all the worlds animals out of the prison.
Favorite movie: Into the wild
Favorite TV series: I don't watch TV series but one from Estonia is Padjaklubi
What's your favorite part of your body? If we love ourselves then we love all of our body
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Bee Gees - Stayin Alive
When did you start singing? When I was young. In kindergarten.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Estonian? Pööripäev (It means solstice)
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I make music to get all the emotions out of myself and put them in the songs. 

You are one of the participants of Eesti laul 2016. How did it all begin?
It's pleasure to be in the contest. I have been once in Eesti Laul with Malcolm Lincoln & Manpower 4 where I was a backing vocalist. I didn't know that I was going to be in Eesti Laul this year. I had inspiration from one poet and I wrote the song over two years with lyrics. Then I sent it to the contest. I didn't wait for anything. It was a surprise and a gift for me.
Photo: Felix Laasme
“Seis” is the title of your song. What’s the story behind it? What made you write it?
"Seis" is about feelings and fears. Every human have those questions and thoughts "Where I am?" "Who I am?" on the spiritual life road. Then it's good to take time off and think about those questions. That’s part of life. The song is inspired by nature and people around us.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Atmospheric, ambient, peace, nature

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
This is a secret :)

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorites?
I like many songs but some of my favorites are I Wear* Experiment, Jüri Pootsmann and Anett Kulbin.
What do you like about Eurovision?
I have been once in Eurovision in Oslo with Malcolm Lincoln and I liked the events out of the contest.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Too much people all around. I prefer quiet and peace. But being out of the comfort zone teaches you a lot.
Photo: Felix Laasme
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Innocence: getting out of prison
Dirt: bike
Stage: manager
Woods: peace
Nightmare: colors, jumping on the trees in the jungle
Passion: fruit
Dreams: come true
What are your plans for 2016?
I like to live, every day is beautiful. Sometimes it's harder. But it keeps me alive. My plans are to do a lot of music and we will see what happens. I believe that if you do something with your heart then the world is going to open and show you very magical things.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
No. Just stay cool.
Thanks to Mick for the interview. Good luck in Eesti laul.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mickpedajamuusika
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mickpedaja/
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mick-pedaja

No comments:

Post a Comment