Friday, January 15, 2016

Anett Kulbin: "I’m honest in my music"

Photo: Stina Kase
2nd interview of the day and it's from another Eesti laul participant (BTW I love her song!). Here are the answers of ANETT KULBIN:
Name: Anett Kulbin
Birthday: 03.09.1993
Height: 165cm
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: sushi
Where are you right now? I’m in my living room
3 things that make you happy: my family, friends and music
What’s your strangest talent? Singing
What are you really good at? I think I’m a good listener
What are you really bad at? Cooking, but I’m working on it
Childhood idol: Spice Girls
Childhood memory: I always remember the hot summers at family’s country house. The thought of it makes me calm.
What would you do if you were invisible?  I would travel the world
Favorite movie: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Favorite TV series: Sex and the city
Tell me a super power you wish you had: hear people’s thoughts
What is your guilty pleasure? Definitely chocolate
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: One that I can think of right is “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson, cause I always feel like dancing when I hear that song.
When did you start singing and writing? I got my first singing lessons when I was 12 years old but didn’t start writing music til the age 17.
Hello Anett, how are you?
I’m great, thank you.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I’m honest in my music, I always do my own thing and I love the fact that other people enjoy my music which makes me enjoy it even more.

You are one of the participants of Eesti laul 2016. How did it all begin?
It started 2 weeks before the deadline for Eesti Laul. One night I started playing this tiny piano that I have at home and took out lyrics that I had written a few days earlier and started on the melody and harmony. So when I’d written the melody I took it to my friend Joonas and he helped me finish the song and we went to the studio the next day.
“Strong” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
The song is about accepting the fact that even when something goes wrong in life it will only make you stronger. We are very good at criticizing ourselves and not used to giving credit and love to ourselves.

Describe the song with 4 words:
Peaceful, simple, pure, honest
What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
That I will keep as a surprise!

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
I have so many favorites! The favorites of my favorites are Mick Pedaja “Seis”, Jüri Pootsmann “Play” and I Wear Experiment “Patience”.
What do you like about Eurovision?
Eurovision is never boring.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Can’t think of anything
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Stage: Joy
Freedom: Music
Nightmare: My worst nightmare
Squirrel: Hyde Park
Fangirling: what does it mean (now I have to go check)
Dreams: No limits
What are your plans for 2016?
My plan is to continue my bachelor studies, to write new music, to release an EP in the end of 2016. And I want to travel somewhere I haven’t been yet. Most importantly have fun and enjoy whatever I’m doing

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
I hope you enjoy this year’s Eesti Laul and thanks for reading
Photo: Stina Kase
Thanks to Anett for the interview! Cant wait to see her performance on Eesti laul.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Anett-Kulbin-362310050465326
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anettkulbin/

No comments:

Post a Comment