Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Music + Love + Metaphysics + Other waveforms + 3 good friends = Würffel

We are back to Estonia for an interview with another of my favorites from Eesti laul 2016. Here are the answers of Rosanna from WÜRFFEL:
Name: Rosanna Lints
Birthday: 05.05.1995
Height: 174 cm
Favorite color: The one that finds a match
Favorite food: Oriental
What do you do in the band? - Singer-songwriter
Where are you right now? - In the kitchen
3 things that make you happy: Goldfish, who would give me 3 wishes
What’s your strangest talent? - Survival
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? - I’m never bored
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? - A turtle-lamp
What are you really good at? - Cooking, singing and dancing - at the same time
What are you really bad at? - Remembering faces and names
Childhood idol: Christina Aguilera
Childhood memory: Riding in a truck with my dad and listening Bon Jovi’s - It’s My Life
Tell me something no one knows about you: I’m from another planet
What would you do if you were invisible? - Observe people
Favorite movie: One Day
Favorite TV series: The Last Man on Earth
What is your guilty pleasure? - Being alone in wilderness and doing absolutely nothing but surviving
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Tame Impala - Cause I’m A Man
Can you teach me some interesting words in Estonian? - Mina armastan sind (I love you)
How would you describe the band?
Music meets love, meets metaphysics, meets other waveforms, and meets 3 good friends.

Tell me about the name of the band:
Würffel comes from a Estonian word (vürfel), which means a dice.
You are one of the participants of Eesti laul 2016. How did it all begin?
We started making music together as Würffel about two years ago. We released our debut album “Beats & Bubbles” in 2015 spring. Since then we had quite many concerts, performed at different festivals and showcase festivals in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Austria and Slovakia. Basically we love to make music together and decided to contribute in the band. The decision to participate in Eesti laul came very quickly. We were asked to participate in Eesti Laul by Mart Normet and as we were working on our second album, we had a song which we were going to release as a single. So it was pretty spontaneous.
“I’m facing north” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it? What made you write it?
When on the previous years I have hated winter, cause it’s cold and dark, this year I was really waiting for it to come. Summer was a lot of fun, too much I would even say and I dreamed of calm nights with myself and music with no distractions - winter is perfect for that. In a song there is a message for somebody that I used to like but who doesn’t seem to fit with my northern vibe. It was a dilemma, but the decision is written in a title.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Northernly emotional and rhythmically bright.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Limited amount of movement.
Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
Yes we have. Cartoon’s "Immortality" is an outstanding dance song. Also Tätte Junior’s "Parmupilli hullus" is a badass crazy Estonian song.

What do you like about Eurovision?
It’s like every time I see Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again, I start to make dance moves from the video. Nostalgia always feels good.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Dislike is a strong word - I don’t want to use it today, if it’s okay.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Friendship: soulmates
Dice: Würffel
Watermelon: juicy!
Nightmare: Google
Stage: No place I’d rather be
Juries: What did I do?
Dreams: Always come true!
What are your plans for 2016?
Make a kickin’ performance in Eesti laul. Release Würffel’s second album. Continuously write new songs, tour around and have fun!

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you!:)
Thanks to Rosanna for her answers! Good luck in Eesti laul!

Official website: http://www.wurffel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment