Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Yass Smaali: I'm a big dreamer


Hello! Belgium is doing a national selection this year and its time for the 1st Eurosong interview! He is one of the participants from the 2nd semifinal. Here are the answers of YASS:

Name: Smaali Yass
Age: 32 years old
Birthday: 08/12/1981
Height: 1m83
Favorite color:  Red, Black
3 things that makes you happy: watch my daughter, making music and making graffiti
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? an "bouguet de fleurs" that are here since we moved in 5 years ago and I find it so beautiful that I don't want to throw it in the garbage
What are you really good at? "arts" making stuff from scratchs, draw, be creative
What are you really bad at? administrative paper work lol.
Childhood idol: Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder.
Childhood memory: being with my familly playing, singing and dancing for my mother everynight. we are 8 brothers and sisters.
Tell me something no one knows about you: its difficult to tell you something that nobody knows about me cause I'm an open book, the only thing I think of is maybe that I love to be alone a lot.
What would you do if you were invisible? I would go everywhere I'm not suppose to be ;)
Favorite movie: I love movies I could watch them all day! My favorite movies are Chicago, Goodfellas, Moulin Rouge, Scarface, Requiem for a dream etc...
Favorite TV series: True blood, Doctor House and Friends
Tell me a super power you wish you had: if I had a super power it would be to travel thru time, past and future
What is your guilty pleasure? "patisseries" I love that!
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Man in the mirror by Michael Jackson.
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? I would let somebody else to sell me. somobody who's really good at it.
When did you start singing and writing? I started singin when I was 7 years old and I started writting songs when I was 20 years old
Can you teach me some interesting words in dutch? I can teach you some interesting nederland words like "wa make" it means "what's up" or "fis stijl" it means " good style" lol.
Hello Yass, how are you?
I'm doing really good thx.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I'm a true artist not only in music but in "Art" I love to be creative and true to myself, I let my life be lead by my emotions and my heart, I'm a big dreamer.

Tell me about your experience at The Voice, what did  you learn from it?
The Voice was one of the best experiences I had in my life, I learned how to improve my voice, my act, I learned more about myself, how far can I go and I learned to keep the stress under control.

Now lets talk about Eurosong 2014, how did it all begin?
I did the audition for eurosong cause I wanted to be a part of the Belgium story and be thankful to the belgium people who were very nice to me since I moved in.

What can you tell me about your song? what is the story behind it?
The song is about my life in paris, about my dreams back then, about how I manage to keep chasing my dreams thru the roughness of the city, to be able to think positive even though I slept on the street to survive for 7 months.
Its about making something great for my life coming from a gettho, the song is about me and everyone else who had it rough in their lives ;)!
Describe the song with 4 words:
Dreams, loneliness, help and passion

What can we expect to see on stage for the semifinal performance?
What you are going see on stage for the semi final is me opening my heart, telling my story with a little bit of dancing. Can't say more ;).
Tell me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
2013: the birth of my little princess the best thing I ever seen in my life
The voice: my wife the wise voice inside my head
Fear: something I have to beat
Wind: the music of nature
Bed: is the door to heaven. the highway to heaven ;)
Guitar: is the voice of emotions the key to my life
Belgium: is where my heart is, my home
Graffiti: my peace of mind, my therapy
Dream: the motor of my life, my only rule
What are your plans for 2014?
My plans for 2014 is to be a better man, to make my music, to give love to my two beautiful and amazing women. for the rest we'll see what the future will bring
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
I would to say that I couldn't have done this without my wife who saved my life, who pull up with me all this years, everybody should have somebody like that. She's my inspiration, my muse, my everything and it's important for me that people knows that cause alone we can't do nothing, we have to have people around us who are real and sometimes bring us to the right place. This dream that I have it's not just for me anymore it's for her and for my daugther. Familly is everything and I love them so much

Thanks to Yass for them interview! Good luck in Eurosong!

Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/YassSmaali
Twitter: https://twitter.com/YassSmaali

No comments:

Post a Comment