Monday, February 17, 2014

Martine Marbel: "I’m the kind of artist who lets everything out through my music"

Photo: NRK
Hey everybody! Its time for a new MGP inteview! She is one of the participants from the 2nd semifinal and she is lovely, here are the answers of MARTINE MARBEL:

Name: Martine Marbel
Birthday: 06.06.86
Favorite color: Blue
Where are you right now? In my flat in Oslo.
3 things that makes you happy: Family/friends, art and words.
What’s your strangest talent? I’m terrible at remembering names and faces, but I’m really good at recognizing voices. 
Do you have any nicknames? Just Mart.
Home alone and you’re bored. What do you do? I call my brother.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A gold plated pig.
What are you really good at? Being on time.
What are you really bad at? Waiting.
Childhood idol: Annie (from the musical).
Childhood memory: Pretending to be Annie. 
What would you do if you were invisible? Spy.
Favorite TV series: Sex and the City. 
Tell me a super power you wish you had: That I could move really quickly from one place to another. Like, go to New York in two minutes. 
What is your guilty pleasure? There are so many! Playing Super Mario World, eating chocolate and watching too many documentaries, to mention some. 
Name a song that never fails to make you happy:  'Doo Wop' by Lauryn Hill. 
When did you start singing and writing? I started when I was really little, but didn’t get serious about it until I was about 17. 
Can you teach me some interesting words in norwegian? I like the sound of the word ‘sprudlevin’, which means sparkling wine. And it fits Eurovision! And ‘stjernehimmel’, which means starry sky. 
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Martine Marbel? and tell me your answer.
“What are you listening to right now?”, and I would say “The brand new and awesome remix of ‘Right Now’”. 
Hello Martine, how are you?
I’m fine, thank you. 

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I’m the kind of artist who lets everything out through my music. I really put myself into everything I do, and I try to stay true to my vision. 

You are one of the 15 participants of MGP 2014, how did it all begin?
It all began with a song. That song is called ‘Right Now’, and it has been waiting for the right opportunity to come along for a few years now. All of a sudden MGP felt like the right thing to do, and here I am now.

"Right now" is the title of your song and its written by you and Goran Obad, how was it to work with him?
I’ve known Goran for years, and we’ve produced a lot of music together. We both have very strong opinions and are passionate about what we do, so we’re definitely used to having some heated discussions, but that’s part of the fun and what makes us work well together. 
What can you tell me about the song? whats the story behind it? what made you write it?
‘Right Now' is about forgetting all your worries and just be in the moment. I wrote it because I wanted to write something different from what I normally write. Most of the time I make dark, melancholic songs, so this one is definitely at the other end of the scale.

Describe the song with 4 words:
Imaginative, dancy, diamondy and expectant.
Tell me about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
There will be dancing, synths and great lighting.

Do you already know what you are going to wear for the semifinal? any hint?
Actually, I have no idea. I’m very excited to figure this out.
Did you watch Eurovision 2013? any favourite?
I loved the Swedish song “You”. 

What do you like about Eurovision?
I like the huge variety and that it’s just a ginormous musical party!
Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
2013: Studio time
Birds: Vacation
Stage: Alive
Neon: Club
Watermelon: Summer
Fear: Loss
Cat: Eyes
MGP: Stage
Dream: Music
What are your plans for 2014?
Participate in MGP, release and write more music and have the best year so far of my life.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thanks for having me! :)
Thanks to Martine for this great interview! I wish her all the best in MGP! 

Here is her Official website: http://www.martinemarbel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment