Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Greta Mjöll Samúelsdóttir: A cheerful and perfectionist artist

Time for a new Söngvakeppnin interview! She participated in the 1st semifinal and now she is getting ready for the Final! Here are the answers of GRETA MJÖLL:

Name: Greta Mjöll Samúelsdóttir
Birthday: September 5th 1987
Favorite Color: Blue
Where are you right now? I currently live in Kopavogur Iceland, moved home from Boston a year ago where I studied for 4 years.
Something that makes you happy: brand new pair of socks
What’s your strangest talent? I can play the flute sound without a flute using ONLY my hands. 
Do you have any nicknames? No, I always wanted one. Tried my best as a kid to find one but Greta is somehow too short to shorten. In Icelandic nicknames are regularly made with two syllables. Mine already has that so it didn’t really work out. I´m happy with Greta so I´m glad I didn´t find one that stuck 
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? I almost think i´ve never gotten bored in my life. Not very good at getting bored. I always have so many things I want to do and never find time to so when it happens I have a schedule of things I´d like to use my time for. But I do chill and I love just hanging in my couch watching movies, TVshows or documentaries. 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Probably the mannequin I hang my accessories on. At least it sounds weird that I have one in my room haha. 
What are you really good at? Making good food
What are you really bad at? I am amazingly terrible at bowling. Absolutely horrible at it. I think one time I managed to get 28 points in one game. THAT´S 20 THROWS! Embarrassing. 
Childhood idol: Pippi Longstocking
What would you do if you were invisible? Wow TOO MANY THINGS come to mind! Probably just go and spy on Chris Hemsworth for a day, or two. 
Favorite movie: Garden State
Favorite TV series: I work at Lazytown so of course Lazytown is my favorite series. But I also love to watch Sex and the City, I never get enough. 
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Of all the things possible I would most of all want to be able to fly!
What is your guilty pleasure? Hanson brothers. Well.. not even so ashamed of it! 
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston. 
Tell me some of your bad habits: I am very VERY bad at eating vegetables. 
When did you start singing? I think I´ve been singing ever since I started making noises. 
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? What do you wanna learn? My favorite one to teach foreigners is “Hellisheiðarvirkjun” and of course “Eyjafjallajökull” is a classic.
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Greta Mjöll? and tell me your answer.
Tell me something almost no one knows about you! Answer: I have a birthmark in my palm. 
Hello Greta! The 1st semifinal was on Saturday and you are one of the finalists, how do you feel right now?
Wow, totally overwhelmed. it is quite surreal actually. I was very surprised since I really liked the performance by everyone else. 
We are just on cloud 9 about all of this:)

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Cheerful, perfectionist, and thinking. 

Now lets talk about Söngvakeppnin 2014, how did it all begin?
My friend Bergun Iris, who wrote the lyrics to the song, called me and asked me if I wanted to sing their song. I heard the song and loved it right away. We recorded it very poorly on our computer and sent it. Not expecting much to be honest, but got through to the final. So extremely unexpected. 
The title of your song is "Eftir eitt lag" and its written by Ásta Björg and Bergrún Íris, how was it to work with them?
It´s been absolutely great! They are such professionals and great friends of mine now so I couldn´t have asked for anything to be different. 

I LOVE the song! Whats the story behind it?
I think what Bergrun wrote about is when you are head over heals over someone or you have a crush and you can´t stop thinking about the person. You know you should go home but convince yourself to stay just a little bit longer. 

Describe the song with 4 words:
Happy, cute, honest and true

What do you like about Eurovision?
What I like about it is that you can expect anything. All kinds of people, all kinds of languages and it embraces how different we all are, and I love that.  
Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
2013: successful
Sunrise: dawn
Fear: water
Cats: cute
Stage: scary
Iceland: water
Pizza: yummi
Dreams: important
What are your plans for 2014?
Be better

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Just remind people to keep going outside their comfort zone, it´s always scary but it is necessary and rewarding when you´ve done it. You will surprise yourself, I promise!

Thanks to Greta for the interview! I love her song and her performance in the semifinal was great! Good luck in the final! GO GRETA!

Here are the lyrics of her song:
Eftir eitt lag

Hér inni er svo notalegt 
en úti dimmir fljótt

Ég ætt’að fara heim, áður
en kvöld verður að nótt

Ekki horfa svona á mig

veist ég stenst ei augun þín

Nú er tími kominn til að fara heim

Eftir eitt lag, 
kannski eitt enn, 
bara smástund, 
sestu mér hjá 
Hvíslað’ að mér, 
hversvegna þú 
vilt hafa mig hér

Svo þegar þú, 
færir þig nær,
á tvöföldum hraða 
hjarta mitt slær 
Ég fiðrildi fæ

í magann á mér 
og roðn’oní tær

Lífið gæti verið ljúft

ef ég lifði því með þér

Menn segja’ð best sé heima en 
ég vil frekar vera hér

Ekki viss um hvað er rétt og rangt, 
er alveg sam’um það

En ég veit þó vel ég ætt’að fara heim

Eftir eitt lag ...

Svo þegar þú ...

Nóttin leið og út’er orðið bjart 
ég er ennþá hér

Ég gleymdi mér með þér
en nú fer ég heim

Duddururdu ...

Eftir eitt lag ...

1 comment:

  1. I know a professional Private Investigator named james who has worked for me before on something i can't disclose, he offers very legitimate services such as clearing of bad records online without being traced back to you, He clone/hack mobile phones, hack Facebook account, instagram, WhatsApp, emails, Twitter, bank accounts, Skype, FIXES CREDIT REPORTs, track calls. He also help retrieve accounts that have been taking by hackers. His charges are affordable, reliable and 100% safe. For his job well done this is my own way to show appreciation, Contact him via address Premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    Text/Call; +17078685071

    ReplyDelete