Monday, February 17, 2014

Olga Rajecka: "The song is about myself"

Photo: Mārcis Baltskars 
Sveiki! The Dziesmas final is on saturday so i think its time to post a new interview! She is one of the biggest artists of Latvia and i love her song. Here are the answers of OLGA RAJECKA:

Name: Olga Rajecka
Favorite Color: Yellow (the color of the sun)
When did you start singing? I was singing ever since I can remember.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Latvian?
Of course! :)
Saule – means sun, meitene – a girl, zēns – a boy, mīlestība – love – the most important word

Photo: Edgars Kalmēns/TVNET

Hello Olga! The Dziesmas final is getting closer, how do you feel right now? 
I am sincerely happy for entering the finals, this is what we put in a lot of time and effort into and worked so hard for.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I would consider myself a versatile artist, but always keeping the Latvian aspect of music and performance in me.

Tell us about your music career:
In my long career, I've given more than 1,000 concerts and have taken the love from each listener and viewer.
Currently I have been learning the art of the folk dance, which provides both physical and mental satisfaction.

Photo: Edmunds Lukaševičs/LTV

Whats the story behind the song? what did you feel the 1st time you heard it?
The author of the song lyrics is Guntars Racs. We have worked together on many successful projects for many years now. The literal translation of the song would be ‘’ Sun Goes Down’’. The song is about myself, really, because it tells a story is about a girl, who waits for the sunset from the time that day begins; she is waiting  for the sunset because that is the time, when the real life of love, friends and joy begins. When or if the sun no longer sets it would not only be the end of all the fun times, but also the end of the world. So, the girl is happy that the sun is setting and love continues. I have found an inner girl, who the song is about.
Photo: Mārcis Baltskars
I fell in love with the song, when I heard it. I think it sounds wonderful and has a universal message, so I am very excited.
  
Describe the song with 4 words:
Love, believing, innocence, joy

Lets talk about the performance, what can you tell me about it?
The finals will have the folk dance ensemble "Ligo" dancers, only we will have a costume change and some of the same dance will be varied as well. Our choreographer is one of the best Latvian choreographers, who has enjoyed the success with this dance ensemble, whose history began as far back as 1945, when "Ligo" is founded.

How do you feel with the positive reaction of the public with your song?
The reviews are different, but I have to admit that I have received many text messages and calls from all over Latvia, that I have not gotten in a long time.
I feel tremendous support from my fans, from both adults and kids

What do you think about the other songs in the selection? any favorite?
Quite frankly, I have not thought about it.  Right now my mind is set on the Latvian finals, if do good then we will be able to think about the other songs at the Eurovision.

Photo: Mārcis Baltskars

What do you like about Eurovision?
I like the most simple fact about it – it unites the people of Europe, which to me is the best thing.
It is always good to see what everyone has prepared  for the  competition.

What are your plans for 2014? 
I have come to understand who I am and where I am, so I just do not know where I'm going, but I trust in God and my friends that I am moving in the right direction.

Photo: Edmunds Lukaševičs/LTV
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
For the big Eurovision event this year, I would love to see the Latvian language represented , and to have the peace around the world, clean water, blue skies and every child with an ice cream in hand.
Thanks
Photo: Mārcis Baltskars

Thanks to Olga for the interview! Dont forget to vote for her on saturday! Song nr 8! GO OLGA!

Here are the lyrics of Saule riet:


Saule riet

Man reiz māte teica tā:
-Meitiņ, paklausies
-Ja mēs nemīlēsim vairs
Zeme apstāsies

Bet ja zeme apstāsies
Ledus izkusīs
Saule tad vairs nerietēs
Un sastings debesīs

Bet saule riet!
Un mīlestība nepāriet!
Un kalna galā akmens zied
Saule riet!

Ai, mans brāli, mēnestiņ
Vai tu nāksi drīz?
Gribu tavu vaigu skaut
Līdz rīta gaisma uzausīs

Bet ja zeme apstāsies
Ledus izkusīs
Saule tad vairs nerietēs
Un sastings debesīs

Bet saule riet!
Un mīlestība nepāriet!
Un kalna galā akmens zied

Saule riet
Un nekas
Tai nespēs palīdzēt
Mūs vairs neviens
Nespēj apturēt

…Saule riet!

No comments:

Post a Comment