Thursday, January 25, 2018

Olivia: "I really want to inspire other people with my music"

Photo: Anna-Lena Ahlström
Time for our first Mello interview! She is one of the participants from the 4th semifinal and she is preparing an amazing performance for us. Here are Olivia's answers:
Name: Olivia
Birthday: 7th of june 1996
Height: 159 cm
Favorite color: Black
Favorite food: Vegetarian pizza
Where are you right now? In my bed
3 things that make you happy: My family and friends, food and music
What’s your strangest talent? I can perform the whole song "mister cool" by Snook. I'm not a good rapper, but I know every word in that song. 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Tough question, haha. I don't think I have anything "strange" in my room. 
What are you really good at? Socializing with other people.
What are you really bad at? Answering phone calls...
Childhood idol: I remember that Pippi Långstrump was my very first idol as a child. 
Celebrity crush: Dua Lipa, she's amazing! 
Tell me something no one knows about you: I hate speaking on the phone, it's one of my biggest fears...I always tend to avoid phone calls, haha..
What would you do if you were invisible? Probably just be around people and hear what everyone says when you're not around. 
Favorite movie: The hunger games
Favorite TV series: How I met your mother, Stranger things, Gossip girl. 
What is your guilty pleasure? Eating really messy food with my hands. Love it.
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? Probably everything I can't do as a woman. 
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Single ladies - Beyoncé
Hello Olivia! Welcome to Melodifestivalen! How are you?
I'm fine thank you! 

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I would say that I am a strong, young woman and I do exactly what I want to do and what I believe in. I perform songs that I do love and songs that I think have an important message. I would definitely see myself as a good role model for younger girls, I really want to inspire other people with my music and as an artist. 
You are one of the participants of Melodifestivalen 2018. How did it all begin?
It all began a few years ago when I made a cover of Anton Ewald's song "Begging". When I uploaded it on youtube it got thousands of views really fast and Anton himself saw it. He and his management really liked it and they wanted to cooperate with me. So Anton and I made a cover together, and after that I got a record deal. After that we worked really hard to find music that really suited me and represented me as an artist. 2017 we decided to apply for Melodifestivalen and we got in!!
“Never Learn” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
It's written by Anton Ewald, Astrid S and Jonas Wallin. The song is about a destructive relationship that you can't get out of. You are aware of the fact that the person is not good for you, but your love and your feelings for this person makes you stay in the relationship. 
Describe the song with 4 words:
Touching, inspiring, beautiful and AMAZING.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
A lot. It's gonna be an amazing show, I promise. You definitely don't want to miss this performance. 
Photo: Anna-Lena Ahlström
Do you already know what you're going to wear for the semifinal? Any hint?
Yes I do. Pants. Definitely NOT a dress, haha. 

What do you like about Eurovision?
I like the fellowship that occurs in connection with Eurovision. 

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
That only one can win, haha. 
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Northern lights: I would love to see it myself one day. 
Melodi nummer 5: The performance I'm most excited for, of course.. ;)
Fear: Feeling like a failure
Pizza: Love. 
Dreams: Standing on the stage in Friends arena. 
What are your plans for 2018?
Do my very best in the competition and continue with my singing and performing as much as I can. I will also get my university degree in physiotherapy this year, finally, haha!

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
I really hope you will like my song and my performance, and I'm really thankful for everything that is happening in my life right now. Thank you all for your support! Se you all in Örnsköldsvik!
Photo: Anna-Lena Ahlström

Thanks to Olivia for the interview! All the best in Mello!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliviamusicofficial
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oliviamusicofficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/oliviaeliasson

No comments:

Post a Comment