Thursday, January 25, 2018

Mimi Werner: "Songburning" gives me so much power and love, and that’s exactly what I wanna give to my audience

Photo: Jan Danielsson
January is coming to an end and that means Mello season is getting closer, so let's post a new interview. Mimi was one of the acts I liked the most in 2016 so Im glad she is back this year, here are her answers:
Name: Mimi Werner
Birthday: December 17th
Height: 165 cm
Favorite color: Red 
Favorite food: Pasta Carbonara with ketchup ;) 
Where are you right now? In my bed, with my parrot "Marylin" on my shoulder and my guitar in my lap. 
3 things that make you happy: My music, my family and my boyfriend.
What’s your strangest talent? I know how to throw a pancake in three circles from the frying pan, and that’s a tricky thing to do! 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A parrot! 
What are you really good at? Taking care of others 
What are you really bad at? Going to bed at night..
Childhood idol: Dolly Parton 
Childhood memory: Listening to the sound of my dad recording vocals in the studio next to my bedroom before I went to sleep 
Celebrity crush: That’s a secret… ;) 
Tell me something no one knows about you: There’s a reason that no one knows that thing about me ;) so I can’t tell you that! Sorry Os! ;) 
What would you do if you were invisible? Sit on stage when Dolly performed every night….
Favorite movie: Moulin Rouge 
Favorite TV series: Nashville 
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? Go out and do boy-stuff! 
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish?  Tjöta - it's a word from Borås where I come from and means "talking to much” - Schiligt- It's also a word from Borås and means ”boring” 
Hello Mimi! Welcome back to Melodifestivalen, how are you doing?
Hi Os and Eurovision Addict! I'm great thank you! 

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Reliable, true and honest. 
What did you learn from your Mello experience in 2016?
So much, this year I feel so much more ready for all the different trials that will come my way.
You are one of the participants of Melodifestivalen 2018. How did it all begin?
It was all thanks to the song! We have been working with Songburning for almost two years now, and when we finally finished it I decided to send it to the competition just because this song gives me so much power and love, and that’s exactly what I wanna give to my audience. And then I got in, and Im so grateful for that! 
“Songburning” is the title of your song, and it’s written by you, Göran Werner, Niki Niki, Carl Varga, Johan Åsgärde and Oliver Lundström. How was it to work with them?
Amazing, we’re such a good team and everyone has been very important in the making of the song. We did it together. 

What’s the story behind the song?
The song is about that fire that burns inside of you, that power that always lead you forward when life’s hard. That force that always helps you up after you’ve fallen to the ground. And that force is very important for me. 
Describe the song with 4 words:
Powerful, emotional, love and honest  

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Much energy, warm colors, maybe dancers…. ;) 
Do you already know what you're going to wear for the semifinal? Any hint?
Yes I know, and you know Os that I really wanna tell you but you know I can’t ;)

What do you like about Eurovision?
I love that all the countries get together and share something so beautiful as music. Eurovision for me is all about love. 

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I haven’t been to any yet! ;) 
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Nightmare: You always find something positive in a nightmare…
Brolle: I only see hearts! <3 
Melodi nummer 6: My heart and soul 
Watermelon: Summer in Greece with my family 
Stage: Songburning and fire 
Dreams: My reality 
What are your plans for 2018?
Release a new album and go out on tour and meet all my lovely fans!! Looking forward to it! 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you so much Os, and I really hope that you’re going to watch the competition and love my song ”Songburning” !! Hope to hear from you again! Thank you and hugs from Mimi.
Thanks to Mimi for this lovely interview! Cannot wait to listen to "Songburning"!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mimiwerner/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mimiwerner/

No comments:

Post a Comment