Monday, January 22, 2018

Alejandro Reyes: "Im authentic, simple and ambitious"

Photo: Darrin Vanselow
Chile is in the house! A couple of days ago we had an interview with Alejandro Fuentes from MGP 18 and now it's time to get to know more about another finalist from the Swiss NF,  his name is Alejandro Reyes and here are his answers:
Name: Alejandro Reyes
Birthday: 27.02.1992
Height: 1'67
Favorite color: Black/red wine
Favorite food: Sushi
Where are you right now? Home
3 things that make you happy: Puppies, music, girls
What’s your strangest talent? I can play harmonica with my nose (hahah) 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A stage
What are you really good at? Love ahah.. music, skateboarding.. I don't really know 😊
What are you really bad at? History, maths.
Childhood idol: Spider-man
Childhood memory: 2 years living in Quebec, Canada
Celebrity crush: Madison Beer.
Tell me something no one knows about you : I'd like to move to Germany :)
What would you do if you were invisible? Make jokes.. probably also have good food. Surprise people 
Favorite movie: Walk the line, La la land, Spiderman
Favorite TV series: ...I don't watch tv at all
What is your guilty pleasure? Food. I can't stop eating.
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? Take some notes about my behavior so the following day I would understand why girls are so weird sometimes haha.. 
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Maluma - Corazon. 
Can you teach me some interesting words in spanish? hem...Aji, Almohada, Palta, Cochayuyo, Wea, Chambeco, ahahah doesn't even sound Spanish and, thats actually only comprehensible in Chile I guess ..
Hello Alejandro! Welcome to the Eurovision universe! How are you?
Hey, thank u! Im really good! 

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Im authentic, simple and ambitious. 
You are one of the participants of the Swiss National Selection for ESC 2018. How did it all begin?
I was invited to a song writing camp organized by SUISA with Pele Loriano as director. We wrote songs for the Eurovision, not for any artist actually, just to summit the songs and then see who could be the one to sing them. I actually wrote 3 songs for that event. out of 700 songs 6 were chosen, and out of those 6, 2 were mine. I wrote ''Compass'' and ''Kiss Me''. then they asked me if I wanted to perform one of my songs and, well I just said yes. Quite simple! 
“Compass” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
We all have a compass or a direction to something that help us or makes us happy, can be a friend, a girl, a sport, hobby, or anything. Thats the main point I guess.. find your thing and follow your heart, your compass. 
Describe the song with 4 words:
Deep, message, real, modern.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Me and my guitar. simple performance but straight to the heart! 
What do you like about Eurovision?
It's big and a lot of people show interest. 

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Sounds kind of a bit political in the end. 
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Chile: family
Guitar: hand
Nightmare: water
Fangirling: blonde
Clowns: scary
Stage: stadium
What are your plans for 2018?
I'm preparing an EP, and promo for a possible tour! 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
It was a pleasure for me to answer to these questions and hope you understand my bad humor ;)
Thanks to Alejandro for the interview! All the best in the National Final!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlejandroReyesOfficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlejReyes92
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alejreyes/

No comments:

Post a Comment