Friday, January 19, 2018

NICOLINE: “Light me up” is about not wanting the party to end

Photo: Julia Marie Naglestad/NRK
TGIF! Are you all up for a new MGP interview? Let's not waste any time! Here are Nicoline's answers:
Name: NICOLINE
Birthday: 9th of April
Height: 175 cm
Favorite color: Sky blue
Favorite food: Spicy Asian food
Where are you right now? Backstage at a singing job.
3 things that make you happy: Smiling people, Baby Animals, Games
What’s your strangest talent? I can clap my hands really loud.. And I can make my nostril really big..
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A Globus… Not really that strange is it?
What are you really good at? Perform on stage.
What are you really bad at? Cooking food..
Childhood idol: Britney Spears
Childhood memory: When I managed to persuade mum to let me get a rabbit.
Celebrity crush: Aaron Carter
Tell me something no one knows about you: IF there is something no one knows about me, I will definitely not tell the internet ;)
What would you do if you were invisible? What would I NOT do..
Favorite movie: Oh, that’s hard! “The Intern” always makes me happy!
Favorite TV series: Game of Thrones
What is your guilty pleasure? Paradise Hotel. I’m embarrassed to say it out loud.
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? Have sex with a girl…
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: On my Way – Phil Collins
Can you teach me some interesting words in Norwegian? “Luremus” = Someone (mainly girls) who attracts, flirts or seduces someone, but when the other person tries to make a move, they reject the person.
Photo: Siri Sveen Haaland (Logo: Flammier.com)
Hello Nicoline! How are you doing?
I’m doing really good, thank you ;)

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I’m an energetic live artist with my own charisma on stage.
Photo: Cato Ingebrigtsen
You were part of the Norwegian backing singers for Eurovision in 2013 and 2016, how was that experience and what do you remember the most from them?
That was a lot of fun and I remember all the amazing people I got to know. It is two weeks of FUN!

You are one of the participants of MGP 2018. How did it all begin?
I met my producer (Johan Larson) in his studio to make some new songs, and he played me some old song sketches. One of these sketches became “light me up”.
“Light me up” is the title of your song, and it’s written by you, Johan Larsson and
Emilie Adams. How was it to work with them?
I loved working with them and me and Johan already have several songs ready for release.

What’s the story behind the song?
It’s about not wanting the party to end.
Photo: Siri Sveen Haaland
Describe the song with 4 words:
As Johan says: Party, Party Party, (Party) or as I say: Happy, Danseable, Positive, Urban pop

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
That’s a secret :)
Photo: Siri Sveen Haaland
Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition (MGP 18)? Any favorite?
I’ve heard them all. SO many good songs, but I have to say Aleksander Wallman and Charla K.

What do you like about Eurovision?
The fact that it’s just a big celebration of music.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
The reputation Eurovision have in the music industry. At least in Norway.
Photo: Siri Sveen Haaland
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Sleepwalking: Sheeps
Dancing: Disco
Technology: Ipod
Nature: Trees
Stage: Me :)
Dreams: To make a living of my own music.
Photo: Siri Sveen Haaland
What are your plans for 2018?
Release lots of music.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
I hope I see you in Lisboa ;)
Photo: Siri Sveen Haaland
Thanks to Nicoline for the interview! All the best in MGP!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iamnicoline/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/iam_nicoline
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iam_nicoline/

No comments:

Post a Comment