Sunday, January 14, 2018

June The Girl: "When I sing I feel like I'm living inside a bubble"

Photo: Laurence Laborie
Hello, hello, hello! The french National selection "Destination Eurovision" started yestarday and now it's the perfect time to post our 1st interview of 2018 and get to know more about one of the participants from next saturdays semifinal, here are the answers from June The Girl:
Name: June The Girl 
Birthday: 7 March 1994
Height: 1m71
Favorite color: Burgundy
Favorite food: Bo Bun
Where are you right now? In my home in Marseille :)
3 things that make you happy: Music, love and cats
What’s your strangest talent? I can make voices like Pikachu or Théordore of the Chipmunks :)
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? The strangest thing? Maybe an alien statue
What are you really good at? Maybe singing, songwritting and to ask me questions all the time :)
What are you really bad at? Cooking, I hate that but I love food :) And maybe to make a choregraphy :) 
Childhood idol: Avril Lavigne
Childhood memory: my little sister and I made some show for my parents in the living room
Tell me something no one knows about you: I don't have confidence in myself 
What would you do if you were invisible? Travel all the time :)
Favorite movie: Moulin Rouge
Favorite TV series: Desperate Housewives
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Teleportation
What is your guilty pleasure? Candy, I love candies
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? ahha go out into town and get back late
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Fearless of Taylor Swift or Shake it off
Can you teach me some interesting words in french? Au petit matin, la vie est belle. romantique, léger, une brise d'été, parfumé. Poétique :)
Photo: Laurence Laborie
Bonjour June The Girl! How are you doing?
I'm fine and very happy, thanks :)
Photo: Cyrille Soulas
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I'm a singer and songwritter, I play the guitar. My music is pop/electro and I sing in french and english. I love to speak about love, my travels, about life. I'm honest and simple.
You are one of the participants of Destination Eurovision 2018. How did it all begin?
My manager asked me to participate and I took the chance and I'm very happy to have done it
“Same” is the title of your song, and it’s written by you, François Welgryn and Antoine Essertier. How was it to work with them?
It was very easy, simple and it's very important to understand everybody. 

What’s the story behind the song?
This song talks about bad love, frustration and lassitude. Sometimes you stay with someone because you are afraid to be alone.
Photo: Laurence Laborie
Describe the song with 4 words:
Darkness, free, hope and strong

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
My world, my universe. When I sing I feel like I'm living inside a bubble. Ahhaa you will see that :) I've worked a lot for the staging
Photo: Philippe Dequincey

Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Guitar: Music
Nightmare: Death
Watermelon: Beurk
Cats: LOVE
Art: Free
Dreams: Hope
Photo: Laurence Laborie
What are your plans for 2018?
Concerts, videoclip of SAME :) Interviews for TV shows and Radio Show 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
I want to say thank you for the support of eurofans and for the compliments! I'm very happy that Same is appreciated by others!
Thanks for your time
June XOXO
Photo: Laurence Laborie

Thanks to June The Girl for the interview! Cannot wait to listen to the full version of Same!


No comments:

Post a Comment