Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sanna Nielsen: "I could not live without music"

MELFEST ALERT! MELFEST ALERT! Wednesday just got better cause im here to post a BRILLIANT interview! She doesnt need any presentation, she is SANNA NIELSEN and here are her answers:

Name: Sanna Nielsen
Birthday: 27/11 1984
Height: 184 cm
Favorite Color: For the moment, blue.
Favourite food: My boyfriend’s pasta!
Eye color: Brown
Where are you right now? At my apartment
3 things that makes you happy: My family, when I sing, When I have solved a problem that has been tough=)
What’s your strangest talent? I can whistle (is that how it is called? =))
Do you have any nicknames? When my friends can not reach me they use to text me "Sanna Banana" I know I have to answer!
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? I call a friend and we go out for dinner or something.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? It is not strange, but I have a big piano in my apartment and it doesnt really fit in the room. That looks a bit strange.
What are you really good at? I am good at being on time!
What are you really bad at? I am bad at telling myself I did something good.
Childhood idol: Celine Dion
Childhood memory: Me and my family really enjoyed our visits to our grandparents Anna-Lisa och Kalle. They really spoiled us with their love and a lot of food and candy=) We loved it. And they were fun to hang with. We could always count on them.
My grandma always wanted me to sing during our dinner time and their favorite was the wonderful Amazing Gracce.
Tell me something no one knows about you: When I am at home I am not that glamorous. I live in relaxing clothes and wear no make up. You would not recognize me!
What would you do if you were invisible? I would probably be on a meeting with the politicians to see how they are solving the problems that exists over the world.
Craziest thing you've ever done: When I went on a Burlesque dance lesson with my friends. Tassels everywhere! It was really fun and I did not know I would enjoy dancing that so much
Favorite movie: For the moment, Monica Z.
Favorite TV series: 24
Tell me a super power you wish you had: If I could make the world a better place, I would. 
What is your guilty pleasure? My guilty pleasure is Pizza with a glass of red wine and later on that evening a lot of candy. 
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Roar with Katy Perry
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? This is something you can't live without. It gives you everything you need!
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Sanna Nielsen? and tell me your answer.
In two years you are celebrating 20 years as an artist. What is your inspiration that makes you want to do this every day?
Sanna: To sing makes me feel good. If I am happy, if I am sad I just take the microphone and sing my heart out.
It is like therapy and I could not live without music. 
Hej hej Sanna! Welcome back to Melodifestivalen! How are you?
I'm fine, thank you! I am really looking forward to Melodifestivalen.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I feel very confident on stage. I come well prepared to my concerts and I really want my audience to listen to every word of my songs.
Before we start talking about 2014, can we talk a bit about your experiences in Melodifestivalen? 2001 was your 1st time, what do you remember the most from that year?
I never forget my first experience in Melodifestivalen. I remember I was surprised over all the media. It was so many interviews and they wrote so many things about you. I learned it was best not to read what everyone thought about you=)
But I enjoyed being on that stage and I remember I wasn't nervous at all. It was just fun.

You were the melodifestivalen 2008 televoting winner with "Empty room", how did you feel that night? what does that song mean to you?
I really felt like the winner, or at least one of the winners. It was an amazing feeling that the Swedish people voted me their winner. I was so happy and from that year I have received so much love and support from the audience and they really Love Empty room...still. I still love Empty room. It means a lot to me. It is a song that just touched me from the first moment I heard it. And the first time I heard it was with the composer Bobby Ljunggrens voice and It is a little bit different=) But it doesn't matter. The song has something and the people, they noticed that.

What have you learned from all those experiences?
To take it easy on stage. To not be nervous. To come prepared so you actually can enjoy this lovely circus!


You are one of the 32 participants for 2014, how did it all begin?
SVT called me. They said they had a song that was written for me. I wasn't very interested at first to take part in melodifestivalen again. I had so many other projects that I wanted to start with. Then I heard "Undo" and I just couldn't stop listen to it. I felt like this was the song that I have been waiting for. I just said yes with all of my heart. 
"Undo" is the title of your song and its a ballad right? whats the story behind the song? what did you think the 1st time you heard it?
I couldn't stop listen to it. It is a ballad and "Undo" is about many things. It is up to the listener to decide what exactly it means to them. The first thing you think about is that it is about a relationship that is not very good and you really want to be in a better place, but I think it is important to know that there still is hope. It is not bad all the time. You have the strength to do something about it.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Powerful, emotional, beautiful, hopeful

What can you tell us about the performance? what can we expect to see on stage?
I really want people to listen to this song and I have only three minutes on stage. Focus has to be on me singing. Also because it isn't an easy song to sing. 
Do you know what you are going to wear for the semifinal? any hint?
I know what I am going to wear and it is not what you are expecting=)

Did you watch Eurovision 2013? Any favorite?
I watched it and I actually can't choose any favorite. I liked Denmark because of the simple melody and the adorable girl that sang it. It got to me and I felt that It was a good chance that they would win.


What do you like about Eurovision?
I like that it is a musical festival. So many people around Europe are coming together, it is a party and it shows that music is filled with joy.
Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
2013: You
Christer Björkman: Ambassadör for mello
Press: Be prepared
Watermelon: Nice fruit
Sweden: Beauty
Fear: snakes
Racoon: animal
Vågar du, vågar jag: Must learn the choreography again
Clones: Well, Clones is a town in Ireland I think...Haha..well, that's the first thing I thought about.
Dream: Win Melodifestivalen
Apart from Melodifestivalen, what are your plans for 2014?
I have a lot of plans. There will be some touring, record release and some other things I cannot talk about yet.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
SO many fun questions=)
Thanks to Sanna for this amazing interview! It made me very happy! I really cant wait to listen to her song and to see her performing on the Mello stage! Sanna is in the 2nd semifinal! So dont forget to vote for her on February 8! Melodi nummer 6! Go Sanna! #SANNAMELFEST

Here is her official website: http://www.sannanielsen.se/

No comments:

Post a Comment