Friday, January 17, 2014

Oscar Zia: An open, fun and easy going artist

The day is not over! Its friday and im going to post another Melodifestivalen interview! We saw him last year singing "Jalla dansa sawa" as a backing vocalist for Behrang Miri and this year he is going to be in the spotlight! He is young, talented and he is another artist from the 3rd semifinal. Here are the answers of OSCAR ZIA:

Name: Oscar Zia
Age: 17
Birthday: 10th of October
Height: 1, 87 m
Favorite Color: Blue
Favourite food: Pasta
Shoe Size: 42
Eye color: Brown
Where are you right now? At my PR manager’s office
3 things that makes you happy: music, food, friends
Do you have any nicknames? Ogge Bogge
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? Watch movies
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A toy airplane
What are you really good at? Cooking
What are you really bad at? Baking and soccer
Childhood idol: Swedish singer Darin
Childhood memory: When I bought my first microphone.
Tell me something no one knows about you: I hate sleeping in my pajamas
What would you do if you were invisible? Find out what people say about you when you’re not there. 
Craziest thing you've ever done: Been caught by civilian police for unknown reasons…
Favorite movie: Finding Nemo, Forrest Gump and The Help
Favorite TV series: Modern Family and How I met you mother
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Being invisible 
What's your favorite part of your body? That I can’t tell..
What is your guilty pleasure? Listening to One Direction
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: I got a pocket full of sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield
Tell me some of your bad habits: Addicted to popcorn. I can easily eat a liter myself. 
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? I would hire someone to sell me :)
When did you start singing? When I was 7 or 8 years
Hej Oscar! The Melodifestivalen is getting closer, how are you?
I am nervous and excited with a lot of expectations.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Open, fun and easy going. 
How was your experience last year as a backing vocalist for Behrang Miri?
It was a lot of fun and exciting to be a part of that. But now I am eager to do it on my 
own. 

This year you are one of the 32 participants of Melodifestivalen, how did it all begin?
After last years competition we all decided that we wanted to do it again and so we started to look for songs. We received a lot of proposals but it was hard to find that special “It” song. Then one day Fredrik Kempe called and said that he had the perfect song for me, and it indeed was. 
"Yes we can" is the title of you song, what can you tell me about it? what is the song about?
The song is about no one should tell you how to do it. You can do it on your own. 

What did you feel the 1st time you heard it?
That this song had to be mine!!
Describe the song with 4 words.
Exciting, up-tempo, fun and carefree. 

Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
High tempo, good energy and people having fun. 
Do you already know what you are going to wear for the semifinals? any hint?
Yes I do. Hint: green

What do you think about the other participants in semifinal 3?
It’s hard competition. Very good artists with a lot experience. 
What do you like about Eurovision?
I love Eurovision because it gathers people because of the music. And of course it’s a 
good party! I would love to participate. 

Tell me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
2013: Hell of a trip!
Hashtag: instagram
Fangirling: aaaaahhhhh!
Watermelon: yummie
No pants: no thanks
Fear: hights
Selfie: without a duckface
Racoon: no experience
Zias: Love
What are your plans for 2014?
To focus on music
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you so much for the interview!

Thanks to Oscar for the interview! Im very curious about his song, cant wait to listen it! Lycka till!

Here is his official website: http://oscar-zia.se

Here is the visual lyric video of his song #Fail:

No comments:

Post a Comment