Sunday, January 26, 2014

Josef Johansson: "My music is both simple and complex at the same time"

Happy Sunday to everyone! Here is a new Melodifestivalen interview! He is a very interesting artist and i cant wait to listen to his mello song! Here are the answers of JOSEF JOHANSSON:

Name: Josef Johansson
Age: 19
Height: Im a shortie!
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I have some strange african instruments that sounds like whales roaring.
Tell me some of your bad habits: I am a diet-coke junky! 2 gallons a day! 
Can you teach me some interesting words in swedish? Hmm... "Ambivalent" is a beautiful word in my opinion. 
I guess you can translate it as feeling uncertain and almost scizophrenic towards something.
Out of all the diffrent emotions we humans are able and sometimes forced to feel, my state of mind just happens to be one of "ambivalens" 98% of the time I'm awake.
Hej hej Josef! The Melodifestivalen is getting closer, how do you feel right now?
Im fine thanks!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I am most of all a fan of music, my music is both simple and complex at the same time.
I hope to be a fresh breeze in the category of young male performers.

"Hela natten" is the title of your song and its written by Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Peo Thyrén and yourself. How did you feel working with them?
I adore them, everybody brought their flavor to the song in my opinion. Boström & g:sson really knows the formula of a hit.
What can you tell me about the song? whats the story behind it?
I think everyone can find their own interpretation in the song but to be perfectly honest it's about two things: sex & space.
Yeah, I know it's a fucked up combo, but who would have known pizza and pineapple would work so well together? haha
It's kind of funny though, how big impact watching documentary-series like "planet earth"  had on me. Not to mention being in Iceland, a country which has this raw energy to it .
It's almost like there is a pre and post iceland in the timeline of my songwriting.
Before it was all about love from a realistic & human point of view ... But now it's more about pre:destined love from an otherwordly  & sometimes physiological angle... I'm drawn to metaphors of landscapes, changing seasons and weather.
I guess i have always been kind of spiritual in a non-religious way, but I haven't really embraced that part of myself until recently.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Sex, Winter, Spring, love

Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
I think you can expect alot of heart and soul, but as far as  explosions, gold confetti and pyro goes i'm kinda allergic to that.
I want to keep it simple and minimalistic, the focus should be on me and the song itself.
Do you know what you are going to wear for the semifinal? any hint?
I am actually VERY privileged to work with stylist Naim Josefi for my outfit. He recently styled Lady Gaga, but is also working alot with swedish singer Laleh and Icona pop.
We are in the process of putting together a moodbook for the outfit, so I can't reveal more that that 

Did you watch eurovision 2013? any favorite?
I'd have to say the swedish entry (:0 haha!
What do you like about eurovision?
The fact that anything goes! hungarian folk-music? why not! Danish flute-pop? Sure! Finnish hardrock? well yes please!...That's kind of unique for eurovision.

Tell me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
2013: change
Fear: nothing
Watermelon: green
Stage: fun
Night: bugs
Hair: head
Christer Björkman: nice!!!!! 
Clones: Twins
Bed: Night
Dream: Bed
What are your plans for 2014?
Oh! we'll have to find out! you never know 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thanks for the questions! they were great! 
Thanks to Josef for the interview! Lycka till in Melodifestivalen! He is part of the 4th semifinal on February 22! So if you like him, vote for the melodi nummer 5!

Here is his official website: http://www.josefjohansson.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Josef-Johansson/341632512615887
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JosefJohansson1
Instagram: http://instagram.com/josefjohanssonofficiell/

No comments:

Post a Comment