Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ásdís María Viðarsdóttir: "I always try to be very genuine when I’m singing"

The Icelandic selection is starting this week and i guess its time for a Söngvakeppnin interview! She is a very interesting talented singer and her song is really good and unique. Here are the answers of ÁSDÍS MARÍA:

Name: Ásdís María Viðarsdóttir (Phonetically in Spanish it’s Austis!)
Birthday: August 24 1993.
Favorite Color: Oh lord, blue i think. But if glitter is a color, then glitter! 
Where are you right now? I’m at home! 
3 things that makes you happy: Cats, music, food.
What’s your strangest talent? I can play music with bottles by blowing into them. 
Do you have any nicknames? Stísa! 
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? Surf Pinterest until i find something interesting to do. Good recipes or cool DIY’s. If I can’t find anything i just dance.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I have so many weird things in my room. I guess the weirdest one is a old fridge that i use as a closet! You should see it! 
What are you really good at? Being bad a dancing. Nerd dancing
What are you really bad at? Saying the right thing at the right time!
Childhood idol: I’m pretty sure that Beyoncé borderline raised me. She is still my idol! 
Childhood memory: A bad one or a good one? Because this is a Eurovision site I’m gonna say dancing to Viva la Diva by Dana International. My word that was a good song.
What would you do if you were invisible? Proabably play pranks on people and freak them out. All.the.time.
Favorite movie: I have so many. Oh my. Right now I’m thinking it’s Wild at Heart.
Favorite TV series: Right now i’m watching a lot of Parks and Recreation.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish i could fly all the time. 
What is your guilty pleasure? A song called Hold On by Wilson Philips is a pretty guilty pleasure.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Any song by Beyoncé or ABBA.
Tell me some of your bad habits: I can make a huge mess in no time and I chew with my mouth open.
When did you start singing? Before i could talk! Haven’t stopped since! 
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Well we have a lot of beautiful words but the one that has most often been voted the most beautiful is ,,Ljósmóðir’’. It means midwife, which is the person who delivers babies. In Icelandic it literally translates to mother of light.
If you were the journalist what would you ask Ásdís María? and tell me your answer.
Do you play any instruments? Yes! The cello, guitar, ukulele, piano and then i can manage on a couple more! 
Hello Ásdís, Söngvakeppnin is starting on saturday, how do you feel right now?
I’m so excited i could die! I can’t wait! 

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Different I guess. And i always try to be very genuine when I’m singing. And hopefully I’m fun! 
You are one of the 10 finalists of Söngvakeppnin 2014, how did it all begin?
With a Facebook message. So romantic. Just kidding! 

The title of your song is "Amor", whats the story behind the song? what did you think the 1st time you heard it?
The song is about love! The rest remains to be seen. Sort of.But the first time i heard it i thought it was different and that’s why i liked it! 
Describe the song with 4 words:
Raw, dark, interesting and emotional.

Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
I like to dress completely different when I’m on stage. It’s a performance so you have to go out of your comfort zone. We’re talking fringe, headchains, crazy makeup and feathers.
What do you like about Eurovision?
As an artist i like how it presents musicians to the world and helps them get noticed. I also like that it binds homes and even countries together and it’s always just been about that right? Bringing all of us together through music? 

Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
2013: Old news.
Wind: Wind machines=Mariah Carey
Fear: War.
Music: Dancing
Iceland: Nature
Stage: Performance
Watermelon: The lyrics ,,I’ve been drinking watermelon’’ from Drunk In Love by Beyoncé.
Dreams: Hard work but worth it.
What are your plans for 2014?
Being happy. Singing. And get a driver’s license.

Thanks to Ásdís for the interview! I love her song so if you are in Iceland dont forget to vote for her on Saturday! Good luck Ásdís!

No comments:

Post a Comment