Friday, February 5, 2016

Gergő Oláh: "I believe in my song and our performance"

Time for a very lovely interview with one of the participants of A dal 2016! Here are the answers of GERGŐ OLÁH:
Name: Gergő Oláh
Birthday: 1988.11.26
Height: 183cm
Favorite color: Blue, White, Black, Brown
Favorite food: Oh, Lord, I love to eat! My favorites are – unfortunately -  pasta and all the juicy meats.
Shoe Size: 42
Where are you right now? Right now I'm sitting at home on the couch, watching a fairy tale with my kids and I’m writing the answers for you.
What’s your strangest talent? I did not discover any strange talent in myself, but maybe one day I will… I would love to fly. Maybe I can… I just have to keep it in secret…
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Sorry, I am a very simple guy, there are no strange things in my apartment :) , specially because I have three kids… So no strange objects. If you don’t count the half pair of baby socks everywhere…
What are you really good at? I am very creative when I cook. Specially when I cook for my kids. I love to see that they eat what I have made. And I think I’m a quite good singer as well… Sorry.
What are you really bad at? My wardrobe is always a mess ... Unfortunately my wife is not very patient about it. And she can’t understand that I can find my stuff much better in the chaos.
Childhood idol: Winnie The Pooh, Stevie Wonder and Whitney Huston
Childhood memory: We were poor but I had a wonderful childhood! We lived in a small village and I loved the freedom and the summer nights when all the children - gypsy and non-gypsy kids –we have played together until late night!
Favorite musician: Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars.
Tell me something no one knows about you: If I tell you a secret like this, it would not be a secret anymore…, the truth is I have no secrets at all. Maybe someone thinks it is boring. I think it is honest.
What would you do if you were invisible? I would travel around the world for free because nobody could see me to join the first class…
Favorite movie: Stomp the Yard, Street Dance, Facing the Giants, Frozen, and Untouchables 
Favorite TV series: Empire – it is hilarious and it is about music. I love everything about music and dance.
What's your favorite part of your body? My hands, because it is a necessary part of touch…
What is your guilty pleasure? Evening snacks, please forgive me…
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? It would be nice to know how does it feel to be a mother, to give birth. Maybe I’m too sentimental but my family and my kids mean everything to me.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Gospel music and authentic gipsy music makes me happy, no matter which song it is.
When did you start singing? In the kindergarten, I was about 3 years old.
Can you teach me some interesting words in hungarian?
- slusszkulcs means car key 
- cipőfűző means shoelace
- kolbász means sausage
- gulyásleves is gulash soup (meat soup with paprika) 
- pálinka is a special hungarian alcoholic beverage, very strong
- szeretlek means I love you!
Hello Gergő! How are you?
Thanks, I’m ok! Just a little tired, but I’m absolutely ok.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I still don’t feel myself an artist. I became a professional performer just three years ago. So I’m a singer and I’m very grateful to God and all the people who encouraged me to sing and everyone who is interested about my music. 
You are one of the participants of A dal 2016. How did it all begin?
Lot of things had happened since my victory in X factor Hungary 2012. I have a new band called Roma Soul. We mix the authentic gipsy music with modern electronic sound. This new music style made me create this song we have nominated to the Eurovision song contest. I love this kind of mixture of old and new.
 “Győz a jó” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
The title meas “The good takes it all” I was watching a cartoon with my kids. In the fairy tales the good one is the winner all the time and the evil fails. That idea made me create this song. How beautiful the world would be if people could make the good choice without any thinking and choose the right path - the truth path - instead of selfish thinking.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Modern, authentic, rhythm, passionate

How do you feel about the reaction of the people with your song?
I got wonderful messages and even critics were praising the song. Everyone told me that it’s very unique. I hope the audience and the jury will like it in the next round of Hungarian Song Contest as well and maybe the international audience will hear it… It’s my biggest dream.
Tell me about the performance, can we expect some changes for the next one?
We worked very hard; I’m not planning to change anything. I believe in my song and our performance.
Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
I’m concentrated for the Hungarian competition. I like the song of the band Parnograszt, their style is very close to me. I like Freddie’s song as well.

What do you like about Eurovision?
It is so colorful with many exciting styles of music. I like that this competition - first of all - is about songs and not just about the performers.
What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I don’t like to be exited before my performance. And this competition is a big thing… I couldn’t tell any bad thing about the Song Contest. It is a beautiful opportunity to feel, there are many countries but we are one Nation.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Fear: Faith in God
X factor:  change
Sleepwalking: cats in the roof
Censorship: Unknown
Pizza: Hawaii 
A dal juries: unpredictable
Dreams: hard work and faith
What are your plans for 2016?
I have so many plans with my new band, Roma Soul. I’m in two plays: Somnakaj that is a gipsy musical and I’m gonna be Shrek’s father in the Shrek musical, I’m so excited.This year I wanna go to Israel and watch all the places I was reading about in the Bible.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you for making this interview with me. I came from a tiny little village and now my life has totally changed and I’m so grateful. I wish to you and to all your readers a lot of smile for this year. It is very flattering that you find my music interesting and asked me these questions.
Thanks to Gergő for the interview! (Loved it) I wish him all the best in A dal!

No comments:

Post a Comment