Friday, January 30, 2015

Neverstore: "We're super excited to be a part of Melodifestivalen"

Lets start the day with a new Melfest interview! Here are the answers of Oscar from NEVERSTORE:
Name: Oscar Kempe
Age: 30
Birthday: 9 September 
Height: 187 cm
Favorite color: Black 
Favorite food: Pizza
Shoe Size: 10,5
What do you do in the band: I play the bass guitar
Where are you right now?: At home in Skövde
3 things that makes you happy: My family, my friends and my band
What’s your strangest talent?: I make the best popcorn you can imagine
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? Play guitar really loud
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A huge map of Africa from the 70s
Favorite movie: Snatch
Favorite TV series: The Walking Dead
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish I could fly. Or be ridiculously rich, then I'd be Batman!
What's your favorite part of your body? Can I say my tattoos? I like them a lot!
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Punk, Rock and Roll by Street Dogs
Hello Guys! Welcome to Melodifestivalen! How are you?
Fine thank you! 

How would you describe the band?
We are a punk/rock band and we like catchy melodies and songs full of energy. 
How did you meet each other? & when did you start playing together?
We met in school when we were 15-16 years old and found out that we all were into the same bands so we started playing and never quit! 
Tell me about the name of the band:
We had to come up with a name because we had a show booked so we found a sticker that said something like "Never store this..." and we thought it sounded good.  

You are one of the participants of MF 2015. How did it all begin?
We wrote the song together with Thomas Gson and John Gordon and sent it to the festival. Then we went on touring and wrote more songs and one day the phone rang and they told us they picked our song. We're super excited to be a part of Melodifestivalen and can't wait to let people hear our song!
"If I Was God For One Day" is the title of your song and its written by one of you (Jacob), Thomas G:son and John Gordon. How was it working with them?
We have actually talked about writing together for a while. We live in the same city, Skövde, so we just needed a time and place to meet the make it happen. We met at my old cabin and sat at my kitchen table and came up with the idea of ”If I was God for one day” 
Photo: Svensktoppen med Carolina Norén
Whats the story behind the song?
It’s a song about losing someone and wanting a chance to turn back time and make things differently. It’s a big mid tempo rock song. 
Describe the song with 4 words:
Powerful, Rock, Melodies, Energy

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
We wanna keep our performance a surprise and don't wanna give away any details about it but we can tell you it’s gonna be both intimate and big and its gonna look awesome!
Give me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Melodi nummer 4: Winner
Nightmare: Jacob losing his voice
Beard: Yes
Carola: No
Tattoo: We are adicted
Nudity: Why not?
Fangirling: No Thanks
Dreams: To keep doing what we love
What are your plans for 2015?
We have a big tour coming up so we're looking forward to a year full of shows and hopefully some new music! 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank to everyone supporting us, be sure to check out our latest release "The Greatest Gift"! 
Thanks to Oscar for the answers! Good luck in Mello!

Official website: http://neverstore.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment