Thursday, January 29, 2015

Friðrik Dór: "I am sincere in everything I do"

3rd interview of the day! Time to move to Iceland! Here are the answers of FRIDRIK DÓR:
Name: Friðrik Dór 
Birthday: October 7, 1988
Height: 175 cm
Favourite colour: Navy blue
3 things that make you happy: My daughter, my girlfriend and football.
What’s your strangest talent? Using a special technique I can snap my fingers really fast
What are you really good at? Eating
What are you really bad at? Cooking
Childhood idol: Chris Martin
Childhood memory: At christmas in first grade I was the only one in my class who could read out loud at normal speed so, naturally, I was chosen as the narrator for the christmas play. I got really stressed and read the play far too fast so the kids, who were supposed to act the story out as I was telling it, couldn't keep up. They all got really insecure and ended up just slowly walking of the stage, making this the worst christmas play ever.
Tell me something no one knows about you: I am the Walrus
What would you do if you were invisible? Follow the Icelandic prime minister around and constantly poke his belly.
Favourite movie: Rockstar starring Mark Wahlberg
Favourite TV series: Food network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Teleporting
What's your favourite part of your body? My elbows
What is your guilty pleasure? Kentucky Fried Chicken
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Shake it off by Taylor Swift. What. A. Song.
When did you start singing and writing? Around 15
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Gluggaveður. It means "window weather". Describes a situation which is pretty common in Iceland, when you look out the window and it looks like beautiful weather but when you come out you notice that weather isn't good at all.
Photo: RUV
Hello Fridrik! The semifinal is getting closer, how do you feel right now?
Everything is falling into place and looking good so I am excited.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Most of all I would say that I am sincere in everything I do. Also I like to think that I am always open to trying new things and constantly evolving.

Tell me a bit about your career:
I released my first song in 2009, "Hlið við hlið" and after that every thing happened very fast. I just released the song to see how far it would go, any real airtime would be a bonus. Long story short, the song became a pretty big hit in Iceland and music has been my sole profession ever since. I have released two studio albums, "Allt sem þú átt" (2010) and "Vélrænn" (2012).

You are one of the participants of Songvakeppnin 2015. How did it all begin?
The guys from StopWaitGo, who I've worked with for many years, contacted me and asked if we should send in a song for the Söngvakeppni. We had thought about it before but decided that this was the right time to do it.

"Í síðasta skipti" is the title of your song and its written by you, Pálmi Ragnar Ásgeirsson, Ásgeir Orri Ásgeirsson and Sæþór Kristjánsson. How was it working with them?
Like I said before, I have worked with the StopWaitGo team for many years and it is always a pleasure. They are really talented guys.
Whats the story behind the song?
We wanted to do a ballad with a nice live feel to it, and I think that's what we have come up with. The lyrics are fitting to the mood of the song, there is reminiscence and a sense of loss.  

Describe the song with 4 words:
Lazy, powerful, big and subtle.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
My stage performance will be a pretty subtle one, which I think suits this song.
Have you heard any of the other participants?
There are many great songs in the competition this year. I think it is one of the strongest list of contestants in years.

What do you like about Eurovision?
I like how diverse it is

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
The no live instruments rule
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Rain: Purple
Stage: Performance
Nightmare: Sweat
Fangirling: That my english is not good enough, I have no idea what this means
Sleeping: Dreaming
Nudity: Streaking
Dreams: Sleeping

What are your plans for 2015?
Making it the best it can be

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Please check out my song "Í síðasta skipti" right here: http://www.ruv.is/frett/i-sidasta-skipti
Best regards,
Friðrik Dór.
Thanks to Fridirk for the interview! If you are in Iceland dont forget to vote for him on saturday!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fridrikdor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fridrikdor
Instagram: http://instagram.com/fridrikdor/


Í síðasta skipti

Ég man það svo vel
Manstu það hvernig ég sveiflaði þér
Fram og tilbaka í örmunum á mér
Ég man það, ég man það svo vel

Því þessar minningar, minningar kvelja mig, kvelja mig
Gerðu það, leyf mér að leiða þig

Í síðasta skipti
Haltu í höndina á mér og ekki sleppa
Sýndu mér aftur hvað er að elska
Og o-o-o-o
Segðu mér
Að þú finnir ekkert og enga neista
Og slokknað í þeim glóðum sem brunnu heitast
Þá rata ég út

Ég man það svo vel
Manstu það hvernig þú söngst alltaf með
Hver einasta bílferð sem tónleikar með þér
Ég man það, ég man það svo vel
Því þessar minningar, minningar kvelja mig, kvelja mig
Gerðu það, leyf mér að leiða þig

Í síðasta skipti
Haltu í höndina á mér og ekki sleppa
Sýndu mér aftur hvað er að elska
Og o-o-o-o
Segðu mér
Að þú finnir ekkert og enga neista
Og slokknað í þeim glóðum sem brunnu heitast
Þá rata ég út

No comments:

Post a Comment