Saturday, January 24, 2015

Midnight Boy: An expressive, energetic and uncontrollable artist

Now we are going to Sweden for a new Melfest interview! Here are the answers of MIDNIGHT BOY:
Name: Midnight Boy
Age: 26
Where are you right now? In my studio.
3 things that makes you happy: Dancing, acceptance and ice cream.
What’s your strangest talent? I wouldn’t call it a talent but I’ve got a really low heart rate. At the lowest I had 31 beats per minute. I’ve heard that it's some kind of record in Sweden.
Do you have any nicknames? Unfortunately no, I always wanted one as a kid.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A doll called Mary.
What are you really good at? Creating. Things where I get to use my imagination.
What are you really bad at? Being punctual.
Childhood idol: Prince
Childhood memory: Falling in love, being heartbroken, warm summernights, dreams, playfulness, so much time to explore fantasies.  
Tell me something no one knows about you: I’m really interested in history.
What would you do if you were invisible? Sneaking around of course.
Favorite movie: I’ve got many but… perhaps Candy by Neil Armfield.
Favorite TV series: I haven’t seen that many. I try to stay away because it gets really addictive. But probably Twin Peaks.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Flying, without any doubts.
What's your favorite part of your body? Hard one. Probably my hair.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: "Must been talking to an angel" by Eurhythmics.
When did you start singing? I used to borrow my mothers clothes and make-up when I was like 6 years old and then dance and sing in front of the mirror for hours. 
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? ”Förgätmigej." It’s a name for a certain flower that I think I’ve never seen. It sounds almost like ”don’t overeat me” in Swedish.
Hej! The MF 2015 is getting closer, how do you feel right now?
I’m so excited about it! It’s gonna be a lot of fun.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Expressive, energetic and uncontrollable.
Tell me about the "When you're strange" video:
I had a strong vision about the video. I wanted to make something different and inspire others to do so as well. It’s about breaking a pattern and challenging a normative society. In the end it’s not a very strange thing to be naked.

You are one of the participants in Melodifestivalen 2015. How did it all begin?
I started to write and produce as Midnight Boy like 3 years ago. The 80’s thing just happened, there’s something very playful about that era which I love. No boundaries really, allows the creativity to run free.
"Don't Say No" is the title of your song and its written by you, Kristofer Östergren and Olle Blomström. How was it working with them?
Interesting! Kristofer is a lot like myself, a person with many things on his mind at the same time. But he’s also incredibly creative and has a lot of ideas. Olle, I would say, is a musical genius and a very skillful producer.
Whats the story behind the song?
It’s an invitation to the ”Midnight World”. You’ll find out the rest on the 28:th of February. 
Describe the song with 4 words:
Over The Top and Unpredictable.

Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
A reinvented Tops of the Pops-show á la 1984.  
Do you know what you are going to wear for the semifinal?
Unfortunately no, I’m having a hard time deciding. 
What do you think about the participants from semifinal 4?
Exciting! I think we’re all very different from one each other when it comes to our style and music. I’m looking forward to learn more as we start to rehearse together.

Did you watch Melodifestivalen last year? Who was your favorite?
Of course! Ace Wilder.

What do you like about Eurovision?
Peoples uncompromising dedication. There’s so much love for the show! It’s also become a very important political statement I think. 
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Neon: Underwear
Storm: Breeze
Water: Swim
Nudity: Natural
80s: Experimenting
Nightmare: Terror on Elm Street
Freedom: Important
Microphone: Neumann
Leather: Pants
Dreams: Youth
What are your plans for 2015?
Releasing my debut EP and hopefully touring across Europe.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you and don’t forget to watch the 28:th of February. Much love to everybody!
Photo: Patric Andersson

Thanks to Midnight boy for the interview! Wish him all the best in Mello!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MidnightBoyOfficial
Twitter: https://twitter.com/midnightboyart
Instagram: http://instagram.com/midnightboyforever/

No comments:

Post a Comment