Saturday, January 11, 2020

Uudo Sepp: This is the most me song I've ever sung

This next interview is from the winner of Eesti otsib superstaari 2018 (Estonian Idol). I heard all the EL songs when they were released and made a list of the ones I liked (the ones I would like to interview) and this one was there but it wasn't until I checked info about the performers that I found out that he wasn't the guy in the video and that got me excited cause now I can't wait to see him perform this song on stage, anyway here are Uudo's answers:
Name: Uudo Sepp
Birthday: 28.03.1997
Height: 180
Favorite color: Sea Blue
Favorite food: Ceasars salad
What’s your strangest talent? I can make a grasshopper sound
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Dry flowers
What are you really good at? Clumsiness
What are you really bad at? Dancing
Childhood idol: Ed Sheeran
Childhood memory: I drove a lot with a bike that had a 2 stroke motor on it! 
Celebrity crush: Selena Gomez maybe?
Tell me something no one knows about you: I am a really open person so theres nothing really to tell. 
Who would you cast to play you in a movie about your life? Kevin Hart
What would the title of that movie be? Sand in our eyes
Favorite movie: Truth and Justice (Tõde ja õigus)
Favorite TV series: How I met your mother
Dish/Snack/Beverage/Candy we should try if we ever visit Estonia: Blood sausage with cranberry jam 
What is your guilty pleasure? Making sandcastles 
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? Nothing much 
Can you recommend us a song (old or new) from an Estonian artist? "High Roads" Daniel Levi, Sander Mölder
Can you teach me some interesting words in Estonian?
Terviseks - Cheers 
Kana Salat - Chicken Salad
Üks õlu palun - One beer please
Hello Uudo! Welcome to the Eurovision world!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Emotional, Sincere, Open minded. 
Photo: Teele Mustallikas
You are one of the participants of Eesti Laul 2020. How did it all begin?
I went to Andrei Zevakin( Producer and Song author) with a song i wrote but Andrei said there wasn't enough time to get this song ready for the "Eesti Laul" and he had one song ready to record. When i heard this song I instantly connected with it. I can honestly say, this is the most me song I've ever sung. 
“i'm sorry. i messed up” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
People mess up all the time in any king on relationships. It is basically an apology song for everyone who has ever done some harm to somebody. 

Your Eesti laul song is written by Andrei Zevakin who is also the actor in the video clip, how was it to work with him in the song and in the video?
Andrei is really good to work with. Everything has flown perfectly! 
Most of the songs you have released are in Estonian, what made you decide to sing in english in EL?
I think singing in english is a bit of an obsession for me. Before I got known in Estonia, I wrote a lot of songs in english, and most of my idols also sing in english.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
It will be really intimate show! 

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
Yes! I liked Traffic's song! 
What do you like about Eurovision?
I like the passion the people have for this contest!

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Whats to dislike? :)
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Ducks: Family
Acid: Lemon
Romantic: Candles
Futuristic: Tesla
Dream: Pillow

What are your plans for 2020?
Get the most from everyday!

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thanks for all the support! Everything happens for a reason, even apologies!

Thanks to Uudo for the interview!

Facebook: uudoseppmusic
Twitter: uudo_sepp
Instagram: uudoseep

No comments:

Post a Comment