Sunday, January 26, 2020

Kid Isak: I’m a big kid with a passion for making music and making people happy!

Photo: RÚV
This was the first song I heard from Söngvakeppnin 2020 and it totally got me in a good mood, but now I can't wait to see him on stage cause I'm sure he will BRING IT!. Here are Kid Isak's answers:
Name: Kid Isak
Birthday: August 25th 1998
Height: 185cm
Favorite color: yellow
Favorite food: most food
Whats your strangest talent? My fingers are unusually flexible in the small joints. My sister calls them “Grinch fingers” haha!
What’s the strangest thing you have in your room? I have this spinning ball with colored lights, almost like a disco ball. It’s really cosy when I’m going to sleep.
What are you really good at? Hehe I can’t tell you that. That would be bragging 😅😇
What are you really bad at? Acting. I don’t know how to be somebody other than myself! Hahaha
Childhood Idol: Adrienne Houghton from Cheetah Girls
Childhood memory: Oof, i have too many! None very interesting.
Celebrity crush: I don’t have any. That kinda stuff only leads to longing and disappointment.
Tell me something nobody knows about you: I’m a geek!
Who would you cast to play a movie about your life: Hmm, I don’t know. Bruno Mars? or perhaps a girl.
The movie title: HAHAHA! I have no idea! Behind Kid Isak or something hahaha.
Favorite movie: I actually don’t have one. I enjoy most movies.
Favorite TV series: Oh I have many! I like She-Ra, The Circle, Dragon Prince. Mostly cartoons on Netflix.
Dish/Snack/Beverage/Candy we should try if we ever visit Iceland: Iceland has a lot of nice vegan restaurants! I recommend them all.
What is your guilty pleasure? My guilty pleasure? I mean I like butts. Does that count? Hahaha.
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? I would probably live my life the same, except I would probably have way more experience with guys.
Can you recommend us a song (old or new) from a Icelandic artist? I think you should check out the songs “Malbik” and “Veist af mér”
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Sure! “Ég vona að þér líki lagið mitt í Söngvakeppninni 2020!” That means “I hope you like my song in the Singing Contest 2020”

Hello Kid Isak! Welcome to the Eurovision universe!
Thank you!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I would describe myself as an awkward, but very positive person. I’m a big kid with a passion for making music and making people happy! 
You are one of the participants of Söngvakepnin 2020, how did it all begin?
I am! It was actually quite fast. Króli, one of the writers for the song, messaged me on Instagram and asked for my number. He’s already very famous here. He called me and asked me if I was willing to record a demo song with him and if he could pick me up within the hour. Long story short, that’s how it began!

Ævintýri" is the title of your song, and it's written by Þormóður Eiríksson, Kristinn Óli Haraldsson and Jóhannes Damian Patreksson, how was it to work with them?
It was actually a dream come true to work with them. I’ve always wanted to work with Þormóður! I never realistically thought I would ever work with Króli and JóiPé, because I personally find them way more talented than me, so that was just amazing! 
What’s the story behind the song?
The song is about when you bond with someone in a way that seems almost too good to be true, and how it’s like a Fantasy. The song would correctly be translated to Fantasy.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
The performance will be genuine. I don’t want it to feel inauthentic or pretentious.
Phototskoli.is
What do you like about Eurovision?
I love everything about Eurovision. It’s a place where all these countries and cultures get to showcase their tastes in music. 

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I don’t really dislike anything about Eurovision. Perhaps maybe the harsh judgements, if I have to find something.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Lethal: Deadly
Shy: Me
Future: Bright
Crown: King
Applause: Lady Gaga 
What are your plans for 2020?
2020 is uncertain! But it’s looking great so far. This is definitely going to be the most progressive year of my life.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you so much for having me on the blog! I hope you enjoy this years Eurovision Song Contest! 

Thanks to Kid Isak for the interview!

Facebook: kidisak
Instagram: kid_isak

No comments:

Post a Comment