Friday, January 17, 2020

Gabrielius Vagelis: We’re changing some stuff to get to the next round and hopefully win

Photo: Nerijus Kuzmickas
This is something I don't say very often but I'm very excited about the 2020 Lithuanian National Selection, last time that happened was probably in 2013 and that year I also loved the entry of the next artist I'm interviewing, here are Gabrielius' answers:
Name: Gabrielius
Birthday: 1996-11-16
Height: 189
Favorite color: Grey
Favorite food: Pasta
What’s your strangest talent? Dancing polka with horns
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Can’t find anything, but really
What are you really good at? Talking stupid things
What are you really bad at? Multitasking
Childhood idol: Shakira
Childhood memory: Crying really hard to get toys I wanted
Celebrity crush: Rihanna
Favorite movie: The Proposal
Favorite TV series: Desperate Housewives
Dish/Snack/Beverage/Candy we should try if we ever visit Lithuania: Cepelinai
What is your guilty pleasure? Dancing while listening the songs that I think are not really good
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? Go shopping
Can you recommend us a song (old or new) from a Lithuanian artist? Kelionė laiku by Jurga
Can you teach me some interesting words in Lithuanian? Mano čia namai, noriu tik čionai, nesakyk, kur tu - visad tave čia randu.
Photo: Nerijus Kuzmickas
Hello Gabrielius!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I am the one that you never know how I'm gonna look like this time.
I dont know if you know this but a lot of Eurovision fans love your song "Sacrifice" and still feel mad about the fact that it didnt get the result it deserved, what do you remember the most from your first experience in the national selection?
Everything was so new and fresh, cause it was the first time in Eurovizijos atranka. I wasn’t actually even thinking how it have been if I would’ve been picked to represent Lithuania.
You are one of the participants of Pabandom iš naujo!, how did it all begin?
I could say that it started kinda good. I got to the semi-final, so it was the main thing I wanted from this round. And now we’re changing some stuff to get to the next one and hopefully win 🤞🏻
“Tave Čia Randu" is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
The story is really simple and familiar to all the people, I think. It’s about an emotion, when you have a person next to you and it feels like home.

Tell us about the process of creating the song and the performance for the show?
Process was just like with all of my songs. I sit next to the piano, the chords are coming to places, the melody comes to my mind and then the theme and the lyrics finish it. 
We wanted to make something more interesting on the stage than just standing, but most of the time simplicity makes it best, so next time we’re thinking of minimizing the staging.

How much control do you have on the way your performance looks on screen? Will there be any changes for the semifinal?
We’re always making the performances with my team and we’re trying to make it the way so that everybody would be happy about it.

Tell me about the music video of "Tave Čia Randu":
The video is about that you need to be brave to tell what you feel about someone else. It’s always better to try than not.
What do you like about Eurovision?
There are really good songs and singers that you would never find if there wouldn’t be Eurovision.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
That politics is still playing a big role.
Photo: Vilius Ancikas
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Absurd: comedy
Wind: and water
Confession: braveness
Paint: Picasso
Modeling: pose
What are your plans for 2020?
Perform in as many gigs as I’ve ever did and represent Lithuania for Eurovision.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Let’s meet in Rotterdam 😏
Thanks to Gabrielius!

Instagram: grazolis
Facebook: GabrieliusVagelis

No comments:

Post a Comment