Saturday, January 4, 2020

Albania 2020: Arilena Ara

It's 2020 and this is not only the first post of the year but my diary post in a long time (I've been having internet problems) and I'll try to be here during this new NF season as much as I can. I couldn't follow FIK as I did years before but I did manage to watch all the performances and I gotta say it was a great edition so congrats to the artists, RTSH and of course that magnificent orchestra that made the songs sound incredible.

Time to say a few words about the winner: Shaj by Arilena Ara
At first I was a little disappointed as this is an entry that fits in with what Albania has sent to ESC before and I wanted them to take a little risk this year but then I watched her final performance (Which was much better than her first one) and I came to peace with the result. I'm still not crazy about the song but she is a very good singer and the instrumental part before the final chorus is magical, I truly hope it stays in Albanian cause I think it will lose its charm in English.

Shout out to:

Era Rusi

Elvana Gjata

No comments:

Post a Comment