Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Katrīna Dimanta: I love telling stories with my songs

Latvia was one of my favorites in 2014 so when I saw our next interviewee's name on the list of possible participants for 2020 I got happy, but what made me even happier was listening to her song and seeing rock the stage in the auditions, here are Katrīna's answers:
Name: Katrīna Dimanta
Birthday: February 3
Height: 167
Favorite color: Green
Favorite food: Gelato
What’s your strangest talent? - I can twist my tongue like a lizard, it’s funny to see that. 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? - At the moment My sister :D. No, no, just kidding,  I guess the thing - that I have a lot of different musical instruments and cow leather to make specific Latvian traditional shoes called - Pastalas. 
What are you really good at? Working as a medical clown at hospital, singing to children, talking to them, being funny. 
What are you really bad at? Remembering names :(
Childhood idol: Linda Leen (Latvian singer)
Childhood memory: I remember that in childhood we always spent summers in Alūksne, at our countryside with my grandmother. Had fun with my brothers, sisters and cousins. Once we slept in hen at barn and I remember we stayed up all night long playing games, went for a swim and told spooky stories, I got scared and had to wake up grandma and sleep at home. 
Celebrity crush: Freddie Mercury 
Who would you cast to play you in a movie about your life? I’m not sure that I have seen an actor who could play me, I think she will get known soon, in the next few years. Keep your eyes open and let me know when you see her!
What would the title of that movie be? - “Latvian diamond”? What do you think? Maybe “Boom, boom”. Who knows.. Let's live and see what destiny brings to us. 
Favorite movie: HUGO
Favorite TV series: Friends, HIMYM
Dish/Snack/Beverage/Candy we should try if we ever visit Latvia: Garlic bread, Latvian black balsam, Laima chocolate, Kvass (non alcoholic beverage), beer.
What is your guilty pleasure? Gin and tonic
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? I would do sports, see how it’s to run, ride a bicycle, kiss a girl. 
Can you recommend us a song (old or new) from a Latvian artist? “Instrumenti” - Life Jacket Under Your Seat 
Can you teach me some interesting words in Latvian? Dimanta - diamond; Buča - a little kiss on a cheek; Skaisti - beautiful; Arlabunakti - goodnight; Alus - beer; Priekā - Cheers; Bruņurupucis - Turtle; Debess - sky; Zvaigzne - star; Pasmaidi - smile. 
Hello Katrina! Welcome back to the Eurovision universe!
Thank you, darling, Oswald!!! <3

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
As an artist I try to show people the highest levels how to experience music. I love telling stories with my songs. I think that I have many talents, I am an artist with a great voice. I love to perform on the stage and exchange energy with the audience. I play music because that’s the best way to express myself and Love being on the stage. I get inspired by people, nature and traveling. 
You were part of Aarzemnieki and represented Latvia in 2014, what do you remember the most from that year and what did you learn from that experience?
I had the honour to represent Latvia back in 2014. I remember meeting a lot of amazing people, working hard and most of all - the feeling that I got on the stage- it was pure happiness, people singing along, feeling loved, beautiful audience.  
This experience has given me a glimpse of what the Eurovision song contest really is and I can be prepared if we qualify to represent Latvia in ESC 2020. I am very happy about this opportunity and we are working very hard to go back and show everyone that Latvia can. 

You are one of the participants of Supernova 2020, how did it all begin?
I had a nice song in Latvian, the melody was so sticky and I loved it. We had a thinking session and we decided to give it a go in english as well. I love Latvian version PIPARS and also adore HEART BEATS. I feel confident about this song and happy that we can be a part of Supernova and hopefully Eurovision. Also finally I feel that I can give more to the world being a solo artist.
“Heart beats” is the title of your song, and it is written by you, Herberts Blumbergs, Andis Ansons and Jānis Bērziņš. How was it to work with them?
All guys that I worked with are professionals. Herbe (Herberts) comes from a punk music world, Andis has great experience producing different kind of music and Jānis is an amazing guitar player. We came together at a charity camp Līdzskaņa, that helps musicians, who have problems. We had a music writing session, had a lot of fun, talked nonsense and also a lot about my past relationships. This song came to us very easy and we all were very happy about the result. 
What’s the story behind the song?
Song is about love, of course, as for all of us it's important. It's about a girl who wakes up one morning and have planned everything, but then on her way...she meets her old friend, whom they have had something common in past. They meet and hearts goes wild BUM BUM, now is the time, destiny has got them back together and they live happily ever after! 
I like it, i love it..sometimes I am a bit annoyed that it sticks in my mind on repeat, but still I like it a lot and I love performing it. 

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance? 
What I know for sure - on the stage there will be two dancers, I will be singing :).  We are working on a concept and on the show these next few days, so I will be able to tell more next week. :)
What do you like about Eurovision?
I really like the Eurovision community, actually love it! I like the possibility to see so many great artists, show. I like that Eurovision is a place to feel safe and happy at. 

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
If I have to think about Eurovision and find something to dislike, then I may consider that it’s happening only once a year as a sad fact. 
Photo: Tenis Dimants
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Garage: Dad
Poem: Roses are read, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you! 
Recycle: Now
Loop: Never ending circle
Theater: Phantom of the opera
Photo: Tenis Dimants
What are your plans for 2020?
I think that in 2020 it would be nice to represent Latvia in Eurovision at Rotterdam. Besides that I have plans to play music in different countries, I will record my first solo album, spend time with my family, travel, work with people around the world, be happy. 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
I wish that everyone has a great health and happy soul. Be positive and do things in life with love!
Thanks to Katrina for the interview!

Facebook: KatrinaDimantaMusic
Instagram: katrinadimanta

2 comments:

  1. Are you searching for a very genuine loan at an affordable interest rate of 2% process and approved within 4 working days? Have you been turned down Constantly by your Banks and other financial institutions because of bad credit? Loans ranging from $5000 USD to $20, 000, 000 USD maximum LOANS for Developing business a competitive edge / business expansion. We are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, Fast and dynamic for real estate and any kinds of business financing. Contact us for more details and information.
    Thanks & Regard
    Call/Whats App+918130061433
    Indiabulls Housing Finance Pvt Ltd
    E-mail: bullsindia187@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you searching for a very genuine loan at an affordable interest rate of 2% process and approved within 4 working days? Have you been turned down Constantly by your Banks and other financial institutions because of bad credit? Loans ranging from $5000 USD to $20, 000, 000 USD maximum LOANS for Developing business a competitive edge / business expansion. We are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, Fast and dynamic for real estate and any kinds of business financing. Contact us for more details and information.
    Thanks & Regard
    Call/Whats App+918130061433
    Indiabulls Housing Finance Pvt Ltd
    E-mail: bullsindia187@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete