Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Bárbara Tinoco: I was very surprised and happy Tiago thought about me for the song

Photo: Isaac Tinoco
Portugal stepped up their game in 2017 and I love what they have been doing with FDC since then, this year we got a mix of very interesting entries but there was one that took my breath away and made me very excited. I'm glad I got the chance to interview the singer behind that entry, here are Bárbara's answers:
Name: Bárbara Tinoco
Birthday: 16.11.1998
Height: 1,49
Favorite color: Pink
Favorite food: Lasagna
What’s your strangest talent? I'm good at boardgames does that count?
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A 3D Puzzle of Darth Vader's Head
What are you really good at? I hope the answer to this one is music!
What are you really bad at? Math
Childhood idol: a bunch of amazing songwriters Suzane Vega, Mark Knofler, John freaking Meyer.
Tell me something no one knows about you: the first concert I watched in my life was Iron Maiden. Counts?
Who would you cast to play you in a movie about your life? Lilly Collins
What would the title of that movie be? Well, that was fun.
Favorite movie: Love, Rosie
Favorite TV series: How I met your Mother
Dish/Snack/Beverage/Candy we should try if we ever visit Portugal: Pastel de Nata
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? Pee while standing
Can you recommend us a song (old or new) from a Portuguese artist? Pica do Sete by Antônio Zambujo written by Miguel Araújo, Miguel inspired me to be a songwritter.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Portuguese? Well One of the coolest its "saudade", its the name of the feeling you get when you're missing something or someone, and its one the few languages who has a word just for that feeling.
Hello Bárbara! Welcome to the Eurovision universe!

You are one of the participants of Festival da Canção 2020, how did it all begin?
Tiago Nacarato is an amazing interpreter, songwriter and guitar player, good with words and melodies. He doesn't suck at anything, anything! And he has amazing hair, just very annoying...I was very surprised and happy he thought about me for the song. It's been  amazing to work with such an "annoying" musician.
“Passe-Partout” is the title of your song, and it is written by Tiago Nacarato, how was it to work with him?
I've learned a lot. We come from different musical backgrounds, and I like the way he sees chords.

What’s the story behind the song?
Well this awful girl didnt even like Piaf ... Can you imagine (laughs).
How do you feel about the reaction you song has been getting from the public?
Very happy and excited.
What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
A clichê.

How much control do you and your team have over the way your performance will look like on screen?
Well...Within the possibilities, all.
Photo: Isaac Tinoco
What do you like about Eurovision?
The fact that it celebrates songs and culture.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
The fact it doesn't reflect much culture anymore.
What are your plans for 2020?
Music
Thanks to Bárbara for the interview!

Facebook: tinoco.barbara
Instagram: ticoco.barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment