Friday, January 20, 2017

Leemet Onno: "I aspire to be called one day a true country musician"

Photo: Pille Kannimäe
A country music hurricane is coming from Estonia and it's time for a new interview. Here are Leemets answers:
Name: Leemet Onno
Birthday: 05.06.1990
Height: 1.77
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite food: Steak
Shoe size: 43
Where are you right now? at home
3 things that make you happy: music, love and food
What’s your strangest talent? I can sleep through the day.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I have a funny pink flowerpot that is shaped like a hand.
What are you really good at? I can sleep and laugh like no other.
What are you really bad at? At school I was really bad at math.
Childhood idol: Michael Jackson
Childhood memory: I had the best summer vacation with my grandparents
Celebrity crush: I think it was Emma Watson.
What would you do if you were invisible? Well.. Then I would be invisible and the point to be invisible would that no one would know. So it is a secret.
Favorite movie: Deadpool
Favorite TV series: Game of Thrones, Lucifer
What's your favorite part of your body? Maybe hands.
What is your guilty pleasure? Must be gaming.
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? I would probably freek out and I wouldn't know what to do.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Cant stop the feeling - Justin Timberlake
Can you teach me some interesting words in Estonian? Well the most notorious ones are: Kuuuurija, Jäääär,Veoautojuht which mean: moon investigator, the edge of the ice and a truck driver.
Photo: Pille Kannimäe
Hello Leemet! How are you?
I am doing great, thank you for asking. Hope you are already having fun with all the Eurovision coming up.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I am a simple, down to earth kind of guy who loves to sing and do music with my closest friends. Country music is particularly close to my heart. Everything I do, I do it with passion and love and it has to mean a lot to me.  I aspire to be called one day a true country musician and perform with the great legends.
Photo: Jaan Männik
You are one of the participants of Eesti laul 2017. How did it all begin?
It all began one day, when Ed Struijlaart called me and told me he would like to write a song with me. I couldn't let that chance to just go by and like you see- here we are!

“Hurricane” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
I made the song “Hurricane” with my co-writer from Netherlands, Ed Struijlaart, specifically for the Eesti Laul contest. It is a catchy pop-country song that talks about a powerful love that carries you like a hurricane. Hence the title “Hurricane”.
Describe the song with 4 words:
country, power, melody, love.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
I really can't say much, but we tend to lift some of the mistery on my facebook page. I will say that there will be dancing involved.
Photo: Pille Kannimäe
Have you heard any of the other songs in EE 2017? Any favorite?
Yeah I have heard them and there are some really good ones there.

What do you like about Eurovision?
It's huge opportunity and you don't get to see that kind of stages and shows all the time! That is the most interesting for me.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
That there are no more live bands like there was 25years ago.
Photo: Pille Kannimäe
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Guitar: Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin)
Breakfast: Bread&butter
Cold shower: Water
Fear: Spiders
Bar: Beer
Cocoon: Butterfly
Dreams: Peace of mind
Photo: ETV
What are your plans for 2017?
It is hard to say at the moment. We have big plans and we have our work cut out for us. We are working on some new material with our band and are open to any opportunity.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
I can't wait to see all the finalist and their shows. I guess it is going to be super!
Photo: Pille Kannimäe
Thanks to Leemet for the interview. Good luck in Eesti laul.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/leemetonno/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeemetOnno

No comments:

Post a Comment