Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Júlí Heiðar: "I’m just full of melodies and I love to create things"

Time to post a new Söngvakeppnin interview! He participated last year as one of the songwriters of "Spring yfir heiminn" but this year he is not just a songwriter, he is also one of the performers. Here are Júlís answers:
Name: Júlí Heiðar Halldórsson
Birthday: 22. march 1991
Height: 182 cm
Favorite color: Red
Favorite food: Lobster
Where are you right now? @home
3 things that make you happy: Music, acting and the people I love
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? Watch tv and eat a lot of junk food
What are you really good at? Dancing
What are you really bad at? Money
Childhood idol: Justin Timberlake
Childhood memory: When I won a metal in the Arsenal football camp
Celebrity crush: Emma Watson
What would you do if you were invisible? I would spend some time around great artist and try to learn from them
Favorite movie: Forrest Gump
Favorite TV series: Black Mirror
What is your guilty pleasure? McFly
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? Freak out
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Don’t threat me with a good time - Panic at the disco
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Fugl - Bird
Hello Júlí! How are you?
I’m great, thank you.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I’m just full of melodies and I love to create things, It doesn’t matter if it is a character, song or dance.
You are one of the participants of Söngvakeppnin 2017. How did it all begin?
Well last summer I was at work and this melody came in to my mind and like last year I just wanted to see if the song was good enough for the competition.

Tell me something about Thordis Birna, how did you meet each other?
Well she is my best friend, my favorite singer og I love her very much. We met on a dating app, very romantic!
“Heim til þín/Get Back Home” is the title of your song, and its written by you and Gudmundur Snorri. How was it working with him again?
Well he is my best friend and a lyrical genius so…
What’s the story behind the song?
Its about Guðmundurs relationship with his girlfriend that lives in Austria. Skype love.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Country, happy, dance and love.
What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Beautiful people and many small lights.

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
Yes all of them and I’m still trying to find out which one is my favorite.
What do you like about Eurovision?
Meeting people, I love people

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Iceland has never won :(
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Nightmare: Death
Dinner: Pizza
Fangirling: Love
+18: Horror movies
Northern lights: Iceland
Stage: Acting
Thanks to Júlí for the interview! Good luck in Söngvakeppnin!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/juliheidarh
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/juliheidar/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/juliheidar

No comments:

Post a Comment