Friday, January 13, 2017

Jasmine Kara: "I'm so excited I can't even tell you!"

Photo: Nina Uddin
Time to turn the Mello interview alarm on! She is one of the newcomers from this year and she will perform her song in the 3rd semifinal. Here are Jasmine Kara's answers:
Name: Jasmine Kara
Birthday: 23 june
Height: 148cm
Favorite color: red, black
Favorite food: sushi
3 things that make you happy: music, friends/family and gym.
What’s your strangest talent? I can remember locations and how to get there super good, but anything else I forget.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I'm a minimalist and only have a suitcase of things so no strange things, just the necessary stuff.
What are you really good at? loving people and music.
What are you really bad at? remembering things and to stay focused.
Childhood idol: Tupac and Aretha Franklin
Childhood memory: I was a bad girl, but always a real one. Me and my friends always used to chill behind the school smoking cigarettes and do crazy things, but I was also the matchmaker in school who always put friends together with other friends to hangout, and stood up for the weak ones. Even today my best friends are still the same and always will be.
Celebrity crush: Tupac =)
What would you do if you were invisible? I would sneak up on people and do things to make them freak out.
Favorite movie: August rush
Favorite TV series: Orange is the new black
What is your guilty pleasure? Nutella.
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? Can't write that here :p
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Happy - Pharell.
Can you teach me some interesting words in swedish? yes! :
Infart - entrance for cars
Puss puss - kiss kiss
Satkärring - mean woman
Knäpp - crazy
Hello Jasmine! Welcome to Melodifestivalen! How are you?
Hi there and thanks Im good.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Productive, passionate, more than hundred procent and real.
Photo: Hugo Alfredson Heró 
You are one of the participants of Melodifestivalen 2017. How did it all begin?
I've been asked a couple of years before but never been able to do it, because of visa papers, living in the US etc. But now it was the right timing and I'm so excited I can't even tell you!
“Gravity” is the title of your song, and its written by you and Anderz Wrethov. How was it working with him?
It was so great, easy and fun! Anderz have such a great energy and talent. We wrote the song in probably less than an hr. I wanted to cry of happiness when we listened back to what we had recorded.

What’s the story behind the song?
The concept came from wanting to encourage us human beings to not give up and to remember that no matter what happends we still have each other, life and things goes up and down but at the end of the day, we will gravitate to love and to wanting to make a change to something better. Basically we need each other to survive. And this is a song to honor that, the fact that we actually have something very very priceless and beautiful together.
Photo: johnsarafian
Describe the song with 4 words:
Love, passion, fire, energies.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Something warm, with energy.
Do you already know what you're going to wear for the semifinal? Any hint?
I don't know yet but I have my ideas. ;)

What do you like about Eurovision?
I like how it connects people and the fact that it's focus on music and entertainment. A lot of great music, very wide, and it makes people happy, including me and everybody I know

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Nothing hehe!
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Northern lights: beautiful
Stage: life, love and dream.
Nightmare: to live without music.
Fashion: art and love.
Melodi nummer 4:  number 4 is my lucky number ! other than that I don't know but that was a good sign.
What are your plans for 2017?
The main thing is to give my all to Melodifestivalen to do the best performance I possibly can. After that I will continue to release songs, touring, and working as hard as I always do, if not even harder. =D

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you so much for everything :* ! I wish you all the best for this year and overall. Keep spreading love and smile, and lets keep working for a better world together, every single day.
Thanks to Jasmine for the interview. Good luck in Mello!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JasmineKaraOfficial/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jasminekaras/
Official website: http://jasminekara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment