Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Siru: "I put my 150% into everything I do"

Now we are going back to Finland for the last interview of the day. Here are the answers of SIRU:
Name: Siru
Birthday: September 24th
Height: 168 cm
Favorite color: Red
Favourite food: Spinach soup and pizza. I eat a lot of them!
Eye color: Greenish?
Where are you right now? At the train, coming home from a meeting. My album is now ready! How exciting!
What’s your strangest talent? My tongue shakes funny when I stick it out. :D
Do you have any nicknames? Many! Sirpa is one of them. And also Sipuli (onion), and Sitruuna-puristin, which means lemon­squeezer (it comes from my name). :) Murinakeiju (growling fairy) is also one, my boyfriend uses it when I’m cranky :). Often people think Siru is a nickname, even though it's my real name.
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? It depends on my mood. Usually I watch movies or tv­series, but other times I sing or clean, or both together. :)
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I have two traffic cones in my home! My dear brother picked them up somewhere for me once when he was visiting. :D
What are you really good at? Other than music, I could say I'm good with children. My former profession is nanny (practical nurse).
What are you really bad at? With technology.
Childhood idol: Backstreet boys.
Childhood memory: In summer we always went to Menkijärvi, where my brother and father flew glider and I spent my weekends swimming and watching them fly.
Favorite movie: At the moment Gravity.
Favorite TV series: New girl!!
Tell me something no one knows about you: I was born to be a Eurovision winner ;)
What would you do if you were invisible? I would hide people's stuff, because I'm really good at losing my own stuff. Usually I find them from a very weird places.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: My super power would be that I can give myself any super power I want. If I’d have to choose one I would pick time­manipulation.
What is your guilty pleasure? I love food! Everything with sugar and fat is delicious!
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Walking on sunshine!
Describe yourself with 3 words: Hard­working, kind and talkative.
When did you start singing and writing? I have always sung, even earlier that I could speak. Music has been a big part of my life. I have been in different productions (musicals and operas) and I started taking singing lessons when I was 16. In 2009 I started writing songs purposefully aming to release my own music someday.
Can you teach me some interesting words in finnish? Mustelmat: Bruises (the name of my song), Hiprakka: Being tipsy, Kärpäslätkä: Flyswatter, Salmiakki: Salty liquorice (very popular in Finland)
Hello Siru! Welcome to UMK! How are you?
I'm doing just brilliant! I'm super happy at the moment, because we just finished my first album and it will be released on the 27th of February. Great weekend ahead of me!
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I work really hard. I put my 150% into everything I do. I'm down to earth and I'm not afraid on taking risks.

What did you learn from your experience at The Voice?
I learned that the real work just starts after winning the competition. I learned that dreams do come true if you try your hardest.
You are one of the participants of UMK 2015, how did it all begin?
We made the song in a song camp last May. Someone from UMK team heard the song and asked me to apply. I did and here I am now.
Photo: Tiia Santavirta
"Mustelmat" is the title of your song and its written by you, Ilkka Wirtanen and Kari Haapala. How was it working with them?
Working with Ilkka and Kari was so easy and fun.

Whats the story behind the song?
Mustelmat is about accepting you as you are, with your flaws. You don’t have to fit in a certain mold, if you don’t want to. “You can be beautiful, even though you have scars.”
Describe the song with 4 words?
Powerful, dramatic, melodic and soulful.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
There’ll be a lot of lights and I will dance on stage. Let’s keep the rest of the performance a secret. :)
Do you already know what you are going to wear for the semifinal? any hint?
High­heels and something suitable for the dramatic show.
Tell me about the official video:
You build your own scenery (=life) what you show outside to others. Inside you may think differently or have scars and the song lets you have flaws and tells you not to be afraid to show them.

Have you heard any of the other participants? any favorite?
I have heard all of them. All the song are amazing but if I gotta say one, it would be Eeverest's Love it all away or Shava's Ostarilla.
What do you like about Eurovision?
It's a great show and you can see that it's made with passion. It’s also a great opportunity to let people hear new and different music.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I don't have anything bad to say about it.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Lights: My show
Pizza: Blue cheese
Rainbow: Happiness
Nightmare: One of my songs.
Fangirling: Is that even a word? :D
Stage: My other home
Freedom: Privilege
Snow: Finlands winter on a good day
Dreams: Made to be achieved
What are your plans for 2015?
I just finished my album (today actually!Yey!), and it will be out 27th of February. I will start touring in Finland and will enjoy my life because it's fantastic atm! :)

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you so much for the interview and lovely questions! If the blog's followers would like to follow me, you can find me on facebook.som/siruofficial, on instagram.com/siruofficial and on twitter.com/siru_official
Photo: Anton Sucksdorff! (YLE)

Thanks to Siru for the interview! If you are in Finland: Vote for her on UMK!
Mustelmat

A1
mä en haluu lapsia
inhoon salmiakkia
mulle ei oo ongelma
rakastella rannalla

A2
en haluu vakiduunia
en itke hautajaisissa
mun tyynyn alla piilossa
on kuva isästä ja minusta

B
näytä mulle missä on sun mustelmat
sä voit olla kaunis vaikka sulla on kipua
kerro mulle missä on sun mustelmat
sun ei tarvi pelätä, mä lähellä oon sinua

A3
mä päätä osaan aukoa
jos on siihen aihetta
näen valheen kasvoilta
sanat jotka ei totta tarkoita

C
mä pidän ihmisistä
joissa on virheitä
jotka aamuyöllä avautuu
ja joiden nauru kuuluu
naapuriin

No comments:

Post a Comment