Friday, May 13, 2016

Eurovision 2016 - Semifinal 2: The Results

Time to talk about the results from last nights semifinal.

I'll start with a shout out to IVAN!
His team put so much effort in the performance that I have to say that it looked pretty cool and Ivan did a nice job on stage.

Here is my ranking of the finalists:

10.Poland: Michał Szpak - Color of your life

09.Israel: Hovi Star - Made of stars

08.Australia: Dami Im - The sound of silence
I really like Dami and her vocal performance last night was great but to me the whole package is too plastic, I wouldnt to see this act winning, can you imagine the number of screaming divas we would get next year? SCARY!

07.Lithuania: Donny Montell - I've been waiting for this night
He is a good performance but the song is very "David Lindgren".

06.Bulgaria: Poli Genova - If love was a crime
This is one of the catchiest songs of this year but the performance doesnt work for me, I was expecting more energy from her, the stage looks too dark and empty and her outfit is just awful.

05.Serbia: Sanja Vučić - Goodbye
Love Sanja but I dont know why this didnt convince me, I still liked it though but I dont think it will be one of my biggest favorites in the final.

04.Belgium: Laura Tesoro - What's the pressure
Im not the biggest fan of this song but I kinda liked this performance.

02.Latvia: Justs - Heartbeat
Damn! He gave it all on stage! Im very proud of him and Aminata. Such a brilliant act, I hope it gets a good result on saturday.

02.Georgia: Nika Kocharov and Young Georgian Lolitaz - Midnight gold
This is probably the biggest surprise of the year for me. What a fucking amazing performance! LOVED IT! (I also love the fact that they are just there to perform and they dont care about anything else) Go Georgia!

01.Ukraine: Jamala - 1944
!!!!!! You have no idea how much I would like this to win. You might love it or hate it but I think we can all agree that Jamala's talent is out of this world. She is unbelievable and what she does on stage is so beautiful. I wish her all the best from the bottom of my heart and I hope she gives her all on saturday night. GO JAMALA! GO UKRAINE!

Photos: Andres Putting (EBU)
Anna Velikova (EBU)
Thomas Hanses (EBU)

No comments:

Post a Comment