Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Amir: An artist trying to bring happiness through music

Photo: Renaud Corlouër
Bonjour everyone! National final season is over and now its time to get to know better the artist who is going to represent France this year in Eurovision. Here are the answers of AMIR:
Name: Amir
Birthday: June 20, 1984
Height: 1m80
Favorite color: Green, blue and gray
Favorite food: Chicken schnitzel
Where are you right now? On a plane back to Paris
3 things that make you happy: Intelligence, kindness and talent
What’s your strangest talent? I can speak backwards
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A 2015 calendar in which I am Mr. February :)
What are you really good at? I’d say computers and ski
What are you really bad at? I am extremely clumsy
Childhood idol: Michael Jackson
Childhood memory: Falling in love with a girl named Lucia in a summer camp in France when I was 14 - and weeping all the way home in the bus in the end of the summer, knowing I won’t see her again.
Celebrity crush: Diane Kruger
Tell me something no one knows about you: Only if you go first! :)
What would you do if you were invisible? I’d try to be a modern Robin Hood. Or make lots of pranks to people...
Favorite movie: The Wicker Park
Favorite TV series: Entourage/House Of Cards (but it’s a tough choice for me since I watch lots of series).
What's your favorite part of your body? My arms.
What is your guilty pleasure? Gummy candies
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? Make love to men and get to know how it feels.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Master Blaster (Stevie Wonder)
When did you start singing? At the age of 3 according to my parents. But I only remember starting at 10...
Can you teach me some interesting words in French? Anticonstitutionnellement - the longest word in French that means «  in a manner that is against the constitution ». I love being an outlaw :)
Photo: Renaud Corlouër
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I think that what describes me best is I’m constantly looking after fun and joy. Smiling most of the time and seeing how it affects other people. Trying to bring happiness through music...

You were selected by the French TV broadcaster to represent France this year in Stockholm. How did it all begin?
Nazim, a friend of mine and the author with who I wrote most of my album, introduced me to his friend Edoardo Grassi (French HOD) in a completely friendly situation. Edoardo and me had a good vibe between us and when he told me he was taking care of the ESC this year, I was fascinated as I’ve always been a fan of the show. He then began showing interest in my musical project and I asked for his opinion about my first planned single « J’ai cherché ». He actually loved it and asked me if I could be interested in taking the song to the ESC for France. At first I was highly surprised and unprepared but I then thought about it and consulted my team which were all favorable to the idea at one small condition - I’d release the song as planned, in January, and only 2 months later will the announcement be made. The song was actually a real beginning success in the French radios before the announcement and it only became bigger afterwards :)
Photo: Renaud Corlouër
“J'ai cherché” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
The idea was to write a song about the great positive change that can come into your life after you find the element that brings you self-fulfillment and hope. This can be sports (as shown in the clip), new studies, a hobby, love or as it was in my case - music. I think that everyone should keep seeking for this ideal in his own life, in order to feel better with himself.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Hope, courage, passion, fulfillment

What can we expect to see on stage for the Eurovision performance?
A modern and highly visual presentation, yet very elegant.
Photo: Renaud Corlouër
Tell me about the official video of “J’ai cherché”:
The clip narrates the story behind the song. A boy finds his true life path in dancing and a girl finds it in Tae Kwon Do. Both get to feel much better with themselves and live their personal victories.
What do you like about Eurovision?
The amazing show, the loving atmosphere, the originality and cultural richness of the contestants and the idea of breaking barriers.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Fans: I love mine
Nightmare: Drowning
The voice: My first step into music was through this show / Frank Sinatra
Nature: Virgin beaches
Pizza: With tomato sauce, Mozzarella and tuna
Sloth (Animal): My opposite!
Freedom: I feel it on stage
Dreams: Making a long musical career.
Photo: Renaud Corlouër
What are your plans for 2016?
My first album, ESC and a European tour!!

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you very much for reading my interview and for the continuous support... Hope to see you guys in Stockholm!
Photo: Renaud Corlouër

Thanks to Amir for the interview! I love his song and I really hope for a great performance in may! Wish him all the best in Eurovision! GO FRANCE!

Official website: http://www.amirofficiel.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmirPageOfficielle
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amir_officiel_/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Amir_Off

No comments:

Post a Comment