Wednesday, April 29, 2015

María Ólafs: "The song is about stepping out of the darkness"

Time for an interview with the Icelandic act! Here are the answers of MARÍA ÓLAFS:
Name: Maria Olafs
Birthday: 2. February 1993
Height: 160 cm
Favorite color: Gold and Pink
Favourite food: Chicken
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I still have my easter egg there
What are you really good at? Icelandic, I was no. 1 in my school
What are you really bad at? Drawing, I am horrible in that
Childhood idol: Selma and Birgitta Haukdal
Childhood memory: My grandparents farm
Tell me something no one knows about you: I love chocolate
Favorite movie: Sound of music
Favorite TV series: Friends
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Flying
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Happy - Pharrell
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Takk fyrir, Thank you
Photo: Jonatan Gretarsson
Hello Maria, how are you?
I am great

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I put my soul into everything I do.
Lets talk about your Eurovision story, how did it all begin?
Stop Wait Go group wrote the song with me in mind and asked me to sing it in Songvakeppnin. I connected with the song and the rest is history.
"Unbroken" is the title of your song and its written by  you, Ásgeir Orri Ásgeirsson, Pálmi Ragnar Ásgeirsson and Sæþór Kristjánsson. How was it to work with them?
I have known them since 2010 and always liked working with them.

Whats the story behind the song?
The song is about stepping out of the darkness and into the light. How you need to have courage to do that because you are the only one stopping yourself from being Unbroken
Photo: Jonatan Gretarsson
What can we expect to see on the eurovision stage?
Me and my beautiful new dress :)

Tell me about the official video of the song:
It was made in an old cement factory, the temperature was -9C° and we were freezing. 

Do you already know what you are going to wear for eurovision? any hint?
Yes, I will be wearing a pink and gold dress which is in the making now. We will be showing the dress to Europe online on the 9th of May.

Have you heard any of the eurovision 2015 songs? any favorite?
Yes I have heard them all and the Australian song is my favorite at the moment.
What do you like about Eurovision?
It unites people and their culture

Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
Freedom: Butterfly
Nightmare: Scared
Racoon: Friends
Iceland: Nature
Dreams: Eurovision
What are your plans for 2015?
A lot of singing this year

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Stay honest and happy
Thanks to Maria for the interview! Good luck in Vienna.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mariaolafsottir

No comments:

Post a Comment