Monday, April 13, 2015

Boggie: "I love it when my songs are able to move people emotionally"

Photo: Enikő Várai
It's time for a new interview! She won A dal 2015 and she is going to represent Hungary in Vienna. Here are the answers of BOGGIE:
Name: Boggie
Birthday: 30th of November
Height: 155 cm
Favorite color: blue, white, beige
Favourite food: stuffed cabbage (traditional Hungarian food)
What’s your strangest talent? My personality:-)
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? a broken mirror
What are you really good at? singing, cooking
What are you really bad at? tidying
Childhood idol: Terence Hill
Childhood memory: singing on a tree
Tell me something no one knows about you: I'm a vitamin junkie:-)
What would you do if you were invisible? I would sneak into a spaceship.
Favorite movie: Her
Favorite series: Full Metal Alchemist
Tell me a super power you wish you had: healing ability
What is your guilty pleasure? chocolate
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Love on Top
Can you teach me some interesting words in Hungarian? "Szeretlek" which means "I love you"
Hello Boggie! How are you?
Hello! I'm great! Everything is going well. We have several rehearsals each week. We're working on the choreography, the visuals and we're practicing the song with a native English coach.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I'm a singer-songwriter: I believe it's really important to start to compose your songs because it defines your character and it helps you to find your own voice. In time you'll see that it was worth it. I love it when my songs are able to move people emotionally and inspired them. 
Photo: Enikő Várai
Tell me a bit about your career:
I started at a really early age but when I went to music school I was around twelve years old. I started with classical vocal training and I studied classical piano for 5 years. Afterwards, I went to a special jazz conservatory and finally I finished my musical studies in the only pop music school in Hungary.
I formed my band in 2009, since then I continuously give concerts in Hungary and abroad as well. Boggie is my stage name it comes from Boglárka and you cannot find a similar name in any other language. I lived in Paris for a year as a babysitter. French music and culture inspired me a lot. My music is a great mixture of everything that I studied: pop, jazz, French chanson, country, folk, classical music... What I do is something that I call high-quality pop. I released my first album in 2013. It includes my worldwide hit Parfüm/Nouveau Parfum, this album reached third place at the Billboard.

My second album "All Is One Is All" has just come out at the end of October 2014 which includes "Wars for Nothing".

Now let's talk about Eurovision! How did it all begin?
Actually my song was written for my second album "All is One is All, which was just released in October 2014, not for the Song Contest. We picked "Wars for Nothing" from among our other songs. I wanted to be represented with an English song and a song with an important message. 
Photo: Nikolett Penziás
In my career, participating in A Dal 2015 was a logical step after my song Parfüm. This is the only television show in Hungary where you can introduce your own composition to a bigger audience.
Photo: Nikolett Penziás
"Wars for Nothing" is the title of your song and its written by you, Áron Sebestyén and Sára Hélène Bori. How was it working with them?
I have always worked with co-composers since the beginning of my career. Áron and Sára are with me for my first and my second album as well. They are good friends of mine. What I really appreciate in them is their perfectionism and professionalism.

What's the story behind the song?
My song is a hymnic ballad pleading for peace. We have different background stories. I, personally, can be easily touched by any human's suffering and nowadays we have more and more of it near and far. Three composers, many inspirations and one goal: to raise people's attention to this issue. I truly believe that through music we can make the world a better place. 
Tell me about the performance, what can we expect to see on the Eurovision stage?
My performance was very simple in the Dal2015. I want to keep this simplicity and puritanism and just focus on the message. We're going to change the visuals in the background and we will play around with the LED floor as well. We are going to have new outfits, so we're working really hard to be able to give the best possible performance on the stage in Vienna.
Have you heard any of the Eurovision 2015 songs? any favorite?
Yes, I have already listened to others, unfortunately not all of them. I really like the Belgian song. It's really cool!

What do you like about Eurovision?
It is the perfect opportunity for different cultures, different nations to meet. We can exchange ideas, musical inspirations and probably we can also get to know each other's cultures better.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
In the last few years I didn't like the amount of glitter used in the shows:-)
Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
A Dal juries: hard job
Fear: losing somebody
Stage: the freedom the space on stage gives me
Watermelon: summer
Nouveau Parfum: fairy tale
Dreams: plenty
What are your plans for 2015?
I've just released my second album "All Is One Is All" which includes "Wars for Nothing".I continuously give concert as part of an album release tour in my whole country with my band. In autumn I'll also have a little European tour and I got a re-invitation from the US this year. Oh, I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to having the chance to possibly play for the US audience again.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you for reading my interview. I really hope to see you in Vienna!:-)
Thanks to Boggie for the interview! Good luck!

Official web: http://www.boggieofficial.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BoggieOfficial
Twitter: https://twitter.com/boggieofficial


Wars for nothing


Do you know our earth is a mess
All the wars for nothing, it never ends
Everybody deserves a chance
All the souls, all the souls, can you hear them cry?

That you live in peace does not mean
It’s okey to ignore all the pain
I see children joining the stars
Soldiers walk towards the dark, let me ask

Can you justify all the eyes
That will never see daylight
Give me one good reason to hurt
A helpless soul, break a heart, kill a mind.

Do you know how many innocents
Are hiding from punishment
For crimes they’d never commit
All alone, all alone, do they deserve

To die for believing something else,
For having a face someone can’t stand
Do you know our earth is a mess
All the wars for nothing, it never ends
All the souls, all alone, hold them tight
All the souls, deserve a chance at life

No comments:

Post a Comment