Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hannah: "I was elated and excited to be chosen"

Photo: Klemen Razinger
Hello Everyone! Its April and its time for a Eurovision interview!! She was selected internally to represent Slovenia and she is going to participate in the 1st semifinal on May 14 in the position number 03. Here are the answers of HANNAH:

Name: - Hannah Mancini
Zodiac sign: - Aquarius
Height: - 166 cm
Favorite Color: - blue
Favourite food: - sushi
Eye color:  - hazel
Where are you right now? - my couch
What's your strangest talent? - I can bend by thumb behind my hand
Do you have any nicknames? - hannah banana (of course ;))
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? - call my mom
What are you really good at? - baking
What are you really bad at? - drawing
Childhood idol: - Whitney Houston
Favorite movie: - Mulholland Drive (David Lynch)
Tell me something no one knows about you: - I see dead people :D
What would you do if you were invisible? - travel the world
Tell me a super power you wish you had: - nothing would be as cool as being able to fly.
What is your guilty pleasure? - reality television
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: - I Follow Rivers by Lykke Li
Describe yourself with 3 words: - determined, kind, goofy
Can you teach me some interesting words in Slovene? - good day: dober dan, how are you?: kako si?,  good luck: srečno
When did you start singing & writing? - from a very young age I was singing and also writing little songs.  Professionally at 19 yrs.
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Hannah? and tell me your answer. 
- Did you know how crazy your life would get when you decided to be a part of Eurovision? 
answer: no ;) I knew it would change a lot, but didn't know how consuming it would be...and its nuts and I'm really busy as I'm sure is every participant, but its all for something very good, and I love it.
Photo: David Paige
Hello Hannah! How are you?
I'm great, thank you!!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
 - house music singer/songwriter

 You were selected internally to represent Slovenia, how did it all begin? what was your 1st reaction when they asked you to go to eurovision?
- this year Slovenia ESC committee decided to select someone to represent Slovenia internally. So they selected me out of few other artists they were deciding between. I was of course, elated and excited to be chosen.
"Straight into love" is the title of you song, whats the story behind the song? what made you write it?
- the song is about falling rapidly and passionately into love. I usually write a song that is inspired by the music and when we started coming up with the production ideas for the track, the lyrics came to me in this way.
Photo: Klemen Razinger
Are you going to make a version of the song in another language?
- at this time we don't have any plans to write the song in another language.

Describe your song with 4 words
- strong, passionate, up-tempo, dramatic
Photo: Klemen Razinger
The official video of Straight into love is coming out soon, what can you tell me about it?
- now that I finally have a moment to do this interview the video is already out ;) Because the song is modern, electronic dance with elements of dub step, we wanted the video to reflect the theme, mood, style and emotions of the song in visual form, so there were ideas to include elements of water, skin, looking through slits of dark and light, while using colors like blue, violet and white lasers, dancers and lovely men.  Its definitely a hot video but in an artistic sense.
Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
- we want the look of the stage to be clean but edgy..not to overwhelm with too many details or kitch. There will be 3 dancers with me and we have started rehearsing. So far, it's really coming together and i'm really excited for it.

Do you already know what are you going to wear for eurovision? can you give us a little hint?
-yes :) it will be strong and sexy!

Have you heard any of songs from Eurovision 2013? Do you like any of them?
- I like the best Norway, Ireland, Montenegro and Sweden.
What do you like about Eurovision?
- that's its a huge festival that brings all the European countries together to share their music, cultures, and expressions which change from year to year, so its fun to see what each country does differently each year.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
- that sometimes people can forget the above and that it's about having a good time, meeting interesting people, sharing amazing experiences.
Photo: Klemen Razinger
What are your plans for this year?
- to go work hard and do the best I can but also remember to have fun!

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
- I just want to say I am looking very forward to coming to Malmo and representing Slovenia this year.  I can't wait to to be a part this once in a lifetime experience.

Thanks to Hannah!! I wish her all the best for Eurovision! Srečno!!

Here is her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HannahEurovision

No comments:

Post a Comment