Monday, April 20, 2020

What do you think about these NF songs? - Laila Samuels

I'm sure you all remember Laila from her brilliant MGP 2016 entry "Afterglow" but the reason I thought of her for this new thing I'm doing is because she was one of the songwriters of  "Jealous cause I love you", one of my favorite 2010 NF songs, so I sent her a DM and she kindly accepted doing this review thing.
LAILA, I CAN'T WAIT TO KNOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THESE 2020 NF SONGS!

KaYra - Alligator
This song is a bit on the cliché side for me, and is lacking originality and something real. Fun and colourful video is the upside.

Anett x Fredi - Write about me 
I like the emotional character and soulful melodies in this song. It sounds sincere and it’s beautiful.

Erika Vikman - Cicciolina
This one has a catchy melody, gives me Abba feels. I am not really getting drawn into this as it’s in finnish, and I feel like I heard the melodies before. Not bad though.

Barbara Tinoco - Passe-Partout
Beautifully naive song with real old school vibes. Feel like I am in a French romantic comedy movie from the 50’s. Sweet.

Didirri - Raw stuff
I like this one. Nice melodies, downplayed, gives authentic vibes and a sore sense. He has a great voice for acoustic music.

Eden Alene - Roots 
This song is such a mash up of vibes, the chorus is my favourite part. Plus for originality.

Pinguini Tattici Nucleari - Ringo Starr
Not catching me so much, it’s a bit silly but I don’t think the joke is funny. Well produced, though.

Dotter - Bulletproof
Generously “borrowing” from both Aviici and Sia. Lacking originality.

Rancore - Eden 
Great feeling, thoughtful lyrics, this artist has a message, whether you agree with it or not, it’s a good song.

Levante - Tikibombom
I like this one a lot. Cool voice. This is a song one can listen to without understanding the lyrics, too. Nicely done

Laila's favorites
Raw stuff
Tikibombom
Eden
Passe-partout

Laila Samuels - Afterglow

Laila Samuels - Frisbee

Venke Knutson - Jealous 'cause I love you
Facebook: lailasamuelsartistpage
Instagram: lailasamuels

No comments:

Post a Comment