Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Alexandra Rotan (KEiiNO): Eurovision is an arena for creative people - NOT an arena for political decisions to be made.

The northern lights are guiding us towards a new interview, this time I got the chance to ask some questions to one of my favorite acts in MGP 2019. Here are Alexandra's answers:
Name: Alexandra Rotan
Birthday: 29.06.1996
Height: 170cm
Favorite color: Red or black
Favorite food: TACO!!!! 
Where are you right now? In my sofa, relaxing after a looong day
What’s your strangest talent? I love doing impressions of different singers. For example Shakira!!! 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A scary sleep-mask.
What are you really good at? Being happy and I love thinking I rock at cooking food aswell. 
What are you really bad at? Keeping my closet clean and nice. I’m so lazy!!!
Childhood idol: Celine Dion for sure!!
Childhood memory: Hiding under the table when Santa Claus walked towards our house on Christmas Eve, and the sound of grandpas slippers
Celebrity crush: The young Leonardo DiCaprio or Chris Hemsworth!!!! Can’t decide.
What were you afraid of when you were a child? The dark, and being under water. 
Tell me something no one knows about you: I hate doing my make up, and I’m suuuuuuper allergic to animals!!! 
What would you do if you were invisible? Steal candy from the store and go on a plane to somewhere warm. 
Favorite movie: Titanic of course!!!
Favorite TV series: The Blacklist, Pretty Little Liars, You, 24, Designated Survivor, etc etc etc.. 
Who would you cast to play you in a movie about your life? Anne Hathaway!! 
What would the title of that movie be? Clumsy me 
What is your guilty pleasure? Popcorn!!!!
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? Wishing I was a girl 
Can you recommend us a song (old or new) from a Norwegian artist? Emotions by Astrid S or any song by Sigrid!! 
Can you teach me some interesting words in Norwegian? Hei, jeg er verdens kuleste person!!!!! 
Hello Alexandra, Welcome back to MGP!
Thank you, it feels good to be back!!! 

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I would say that I’m versatile - I love doing any genre! I also love being on stage, that’s what I love the most!! 
You participated in MGP last year, what did you learn from that experience?
I got a lot of stage experience, I got to meet a lot of new people in the industry, I got to work with a rapper for the first time, and this year I know exactly what I can ask for from the production team in NRK ;-) ;-) 
You are back this year with KEiiNO. How did it all begin?
It all started with Tom Hugo and his husband wanting to write a song inspired by historical struggles to be accepted for who you are, regardless of ethnicity, gender and orientation. They included an amazing rapper and songwriter from the northern part of Norway, and created Spirit In The Sky. They asked me if I wanted to join them - of course I wanted to!! So together we made some changes, and ended up with what we have now.

Describe the song with 4 words:
Power, historical, dance, flames!!!
What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Hihihi... it’s a secret ;-)

What do you like about Eurovision?
I LOVE that everyone gets to be themselves, anyone is accepted, everyone gets to express their stories through their music for the entire Europe!!!  And I love the glitter, glam, party and the happiness that Eurovision is all about!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! 
What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I dislike that some people have a really political view on the contest. ESC is an arena for creative people - NOT an arena for political decisions to be made. ESC should be all about the music!!! Let’s appreciate each other for that!! 
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Northern lights: Blue, green, spirits, sky, dancing
Alan Walker: Me on stage with him on Eska Music Awards in Poland a couple of years ago!! 
Nightmare: Clowns...
Flowers: My grandmas garden! (or kitchen table) 
Stage: MGP 2019 and ESC 2019!!!!
Dreams: Representing Norway in ESC 2019 with KEIINO!!!!!!!!!!
What are your plans for 2019?
Visiting European countries performing with KEiiNO! Releasing more music, have live performances, go on vacations, watch great movies, being happy! 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you for interviewing me! On behalf of KEiiNO I just wanted to say thank you for all your support! We can’t wait to show you our live show on the 2nd of March! See ya! 
Thanks to Alexandra for the interview, cannot wait to see KEiiNO's performance!

Facebook: alexandrarotan / keiinomusic
Instagram: alexandrarotan / keiinomusic
Twitter: keiino

2 comments:

  1. I love you Alexandra ❤ xxxx andere hugs jamey loots your big fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a positive, down to Earth and a happy girl. I’ve noticed that you’re always smiling-even when you are singing!!! That is rare(sjelden..) and makes you really spesial!! Youre Voice is like a warm wind! You have a uniqe voice-there’s nothing ordinary about you as an artist. I hope I will get the chance to hear you live once in my lifetime. I’m not old, but illness (cancer among more) makes it Harder to Get to concerts for example. Thank you for answering me at Messenger!!! You have made my Days so fantastic!!! Bare gode ønsker til deg fra S. Stoltenberg 😘

    ReplyDelete