Friday, March 10, 2017

Nathan Trent: "I couldn’t be more honored and proud to be able to represent my country with my own song"

Photo: Jan Frankl
Hey everyone, NF season is practically over and I think it's time to post a new Eurovision interview. Are you ready to get to know more about the Austrian act for ESC 2017? Here are Nathan's answers:
Name: Nathan Trent
Birthday: 4/4/92
Height: 1,73 
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: sushi
Where are you right now? on my couch
3 things that make you happy: Family & friends, food, music
What’s your strangest talent? I can twist my upper body almost 180 degrees 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Halloween decoration
What are you really good at? motivating people
What are you really bad at? cleaning up my apartment 
Childhood idol: Craig David
Childhood memory: long sunny days on the beach with my family in Italy
Celebrity crush: Ariana Grande
Tell me something no one knows about you: my baddest habit: knuckle-cracking 
What would you do if you were invisible? I’d probably just stare at people for a very long time
Favorite movie: We’re the Millers
Favorite TV series: Friends
What is your guilty pleasure? Peanut butter with Nutella #thebest
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? If I only knew...
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: September - Earth, Wind and Fire
Can you teach me some interesting words in german?
Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung- yup that’s actually a word! ;)
Photo: Martin Hauser
Hello Nathan! Welcome to the Eurovision world! How are you?
I’m great thank you! It’s been some crazy awesome weeks and I’m loving the feedback I’m getting from all over Europe.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I’m a singer and songwriter who loves to perform on stage and create his own music inspired by personal experiences. 

Photo:ORF/Zach Kiesling

You were selected internally to represent Austria in Kyiv this year. How did it all begin?
I was asked, if I wanted to participate at the internal pre-selection after Eberhard Forcher saw the music video to my first single "Like It Is" on Youtube and of course, I said yes! After months of writing and recording, the ORF made the decision to choose me with "Running On Air" as their entry, which made me incredibly proud!
“Running on air” is the title of your song, and it’s written by you and Bernhard Penzias. How was it working with him?
It was great! He is incredibly talented. We wrote this song the day we first met during a writing session, which by the way was my first one ever!

What’s the story behind the song?
The title “Running On Air” is more like a metaphor for enjoying and appreciating life with its ups and downs. I wrote this song during a moment in my life, where I wasn’t really sure which career path I was going to take. I needed something to remind me of my strengths and something that would motivate me. The lyrics came very naturally as well as the melody. I hope there’s a lot people who can relate to this song.
Photo: Martin Hauser
Describe the song with 4 words:
Optimism, Work, Cognition, Gratitude 

What can we expect to see on stage for the Eurovision performance?
I can’t give away too much unfortunately! Let me surprise you ;)
Tell me about the official video of “Running on air”:
It was filmed in Tyrol at the lake Achensee. My crew, Sounddesignstudios Lenzelot and I , we worked hard and they really did a great job in making my vision for the video come to life! We had minus 16 degrees celsius while shooting the video, but I enjoyed every second!
Have you heard any of the other Eurovision 2017 songs? Any favorite?
Yes I’ve heard the most and I just have to say that I’m very honored to be able to take part in a contest with so many talented artists. Everyone is special in their own way, but Francesco Gabbani’s song is really stuck in my head!
What do you like about Eurovision?
I see the ESC as an event that reunites Europe every year, allowing us to celebrate music while exchanging different cultural experiences at the same time. I love the Eurovision Song Contest, because it gives people hope and spreads positivity. I’m so happy to be a part of it this year!
I couldn’t be more honored and proud to be able to represent my country with my own song!

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
That is only once a year! Should be more often;)
Photo: Martin Hauser
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Nightmare: Freddy Kruger
Dinner: for one
+18: Rated R
Fangirling: Justin Bieber
Dating app: Tinder
Stage: Home
Photo: ORF/Thomas Ramstorfer
What are your plans for 2017?
I’m already working on an album and I’m planning on releasing new songs.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you to everyone, who supports me and my music! I’m very grateful for this great opportunity and hope that you celebrate this wonderful journey with me! A big thank you to eurovision-addict for your lovely interview.
All the best, Nathan 
Photo: Jan Frankl
Thanks to Nathan for the interview! I wish him the best in his Eurovision journey!

Official website: http://www.nathantrent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment