Saturday, February 9, 2019

Australia 2019: Kate Miller-Heidke

Australia just celebrated their 1st National Final ever and here is their winner: Zero gravity by Kate Miller-Heidke:
Well...of course they had to choose the most eurovisiony one. I actually dont mind the song and I wont deny her vocal abilities but that performance is a joke, I dont think we need these kind of performances in ESC nowdays and the worst thing about it is that it might do well not because it's good but because of the over the top, flashy staging. I might be overreacting a bit but this is how I feel right now, at the same time I dont like saying "this is right or wrong for ESC" cause any song could work in Eurovision and that's what I love about the contest, I know this will be one of those entries that will give power to those who think Eurovision is a cheesy, camp circus but who cares it's only one of the 42 songs.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO:
ELECTRIC FIELDS

I would have loved to see them on the ESC stage! The song is brilliant and their performance was just incredible. (The lead singer has such a powerful presence!)

No comments:

Post a Comment