Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Lovad: "My music strengthens as much as it hurts"

If there is something I love about NF season is getting to hear music from artists I hadn't heard before. I fell in love with the music from our next guest right away and I'm very glad I got the chance to interview her, here are Lovad's answers:

Name: Lova

Birthday: 4th of november

Height: 173 cm

Favorite color: Beige

What’s your strangest talent? Talking with my mouth closed.

What are you really good at? Cooking

What are you really bad at? Drawing

Childhood memory: Swimming among the coral reefs of Egypt

Celebrity crush: Tom Hardy

Who would you cast to play you in a movie about your life? Jennifer Lawrence

What would the title of that movie be? Rise from the ashes

Favorite movie: Dear John

Favorite TV series: Greys Anatomy

Dish/Snack/Beverage/Candy we should try if we ever visit Sweden: Smörgåstårta!

What is your guilty pleasure? I love eating cookie batter

Can you recommend us a song (old or new) from an Swedish artist? "Alice" with Loreen

Can you teach us some interesting words in Swedish? "Ögonblick", it means moment. "Gryning", thats means dawn, and "Humla" thats means bumblebee

Hej Lova, Welcome to the eurovision universe, how are you doing? 

I'm feeling great, thanks for asking!


How would you describe yourself as an artist? 

I'm an artist who writes lyrics that touch. My music strengthens as much as it hurts. The music hurts and helps at the same time. As an artist, I try to be present and helpful.

Before talking about mello, I would like to talk about 'Läka så vackert' cause I'm actually kind of obsessed with it right now. I want to know everything about it! 

Wow thank you, it makes me really happy! That very sentence came to me one evening. That means you will heal and it will be beautiful. The song is strong and it is about being able to be honest with yourself in a destructive relationship and say “I want to be longed for, needed and loved.” In the song there is a happiness, sprung from a sadness, in order to sing in it as a winner, for all who have won the battle for themselves

You are one of the participants of Melodifestivalen 2021. How did it all begin? 

It started with me getting to know Albin who is one of the songwriters. He told me that he had a song idea that would suit me perfectly. When we finished writing it, I think we were both shocked at how good it turned out, and quite immediately we decided to send it to the Melodifestivalen. After a while we got the call that we were competing, and here we are now!

"Allting är precis likadant” is the title of your song, and its written by you, Mattias Andréasson, Alexander Nivek, and Albin Johnsén. How was it working with them? 

Wonderfully. Albin is an incredibly nice guy with a beautiful vocabulary. Mattias who makes the music is truly a genius. We all found each other right away and had a lot of fun creating this song.

What’s the story behind the song? 

The song is about a broken relationship. How to just live every day over and over again. No one is happy but no one wants to go.


What's the process of creating a performance for mello like and who are you working with in that area? 

Everything is a little different now in these times, so many meetings and regulations take place via video link and email. But SVT is responsible for the production of Melodifestivalen, which is my team together with my record company. We share ideas and thoughts and build a vision based on how the song sounds.

I'm a big fan of Swedish language music and these last couple of years I have felt that it hasn't been represented as it deserves in Mello (If we compare it to those songs in the charts). Out of the 65 songs that have finished in the top 5 from 2008 to 2020 only 10 have been in swedish, Why aren't swedish songs connecting with the mello audience? If you were in charge of the whole thing how would you fix that problem?

Wow that was a difficult question. But I think most artists who submit entries think that it should be a song that everyone should understand in case you come to Eurovision. Previously, if a Swedish song won, you had to translate it into English before Eurovision. Those mindsets may remain with the artists today. You are probably afraid that no one will vote for a song in Swedish just because it is not an international language. I probably do not think it is a problem that needs to be fixed either. Many of our artists here in Sweden sing in English.

If you could invite any artist (that makes music in swedish) to mello, who would you pick? 

Miriam Bryant!

What do you like about Eurovision? 
I love that it is a world of its own, filled with glitter and happiness where everyone can be exactly as they want!I


What do you dislike about Eurovision? 
Nothing?


Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Clouds: Fluffy
Bones: Skeleton
Silence: Peace
Crayons: Color
Applause: Audience


Is there anything you want to say to close the interview? 
I want to thank you for your interest, and do not forget to vote for me! :)


Thanks to Lovad for the interview!

Instagram: lovad.mp3
Facebook: lovadofficiel

1 comment:

  1. Do you need personal loan?
    Loan for your home improvements,
    Mortgage loan,
    Debt consolidation loan,
    Commercial loan,
    Education loan,
    Car loan,
    Loan for assets.
    financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com WhatsApp +918929509036

    ReplyDelete