Monday, January 21, 2019

Silvàn Areg: "Allez leur dire" is a song that should bring a little sun into our lives

The Destination Eurovision 2019 final is on Saturday and I got the chance to interview one of my favorite acts from the 8 finalists. Here are Silvàn's answers:
Name: Silvàn
Birthday: 18/05/1979     
Height: 178 cm
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite food: Mashed potatoes
What’s your strangest talent? Sensitivity
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? My home studio
What are you really good at? Trying to do my best
What are you really bad at? Lying
Childhood idol: American basketball players and rappers
Childhood memory: Happiness
Celebrity crush: Jessica Alba
What were you afraid of when you were a child? No particular fear
Tell me something no one knows about you: if nobody knows about it, it must remain so ☺ 
What would you do if you were invisible? I would go to the Eurovision juries box to listen to what they say
Favorite movie: Once upon a time in the bronx
Favorite TV series: Gomorra
What is your guilty pleasure? Pancakes with ice cream and whipped cream
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? I would sing and record an album directly
Can you recommend us a song (old or new) from a french artist? Stromae (Formidable)
Can you teach me some interesting words in french? Altruism (altruism), Bienveillance (kindness), Sourire (smile)
Hello Silvàn! Congratulations for making it to the DE final! How are you doing?
I'm fine thank you, excited by the final approach but super happy

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I am a chameleon artist, multi-faceted, after rapping under the name "casus belli", and being a lyricist I embark on this new musical adventure.
You are one of the participants of Destination Eurovision 2019. How did it all begin?
Destiny I suppose, I had not planned to participate in this show but my song fell into the hands of one of the people who was in charge of casting. Magic and life did the rest ;-)

“Le Petit Nicolas” is the title of your song, and it’s written by you, Mamadou Niakate and Erick Ness. How was it to work with them?
Unfortunately we had to change the title of the song for legal reasons. the name of the song  is now "Allez leur dire"
I work with Mamadou Niakate and Erickness who are the composers of the music. On my side I write lyrics and melodies but for simplicity and because we are a team we declare ourselves the three as songwriters. This song has arrived I do not know how, it is a little magical creation, in any case it gives happiness and makes you smile and that is the most important.
What’s the story behind the song?
This song is about going to the end of your dreams, listening to this little inner voice that pushes us to push our limits. The connection with this inner voice is a key to being fulfilled and happy.

Describe the song with 4 words:
Joy, pleasure, smile, pushes its limits

How do you feel about the reaction from the audience with your song and performance?
I am very happy with the feedback. I get messages of support from all over Europe and it's great. Beyond that it's a song that gives pleasure and brings people from all walks of life. It's a song that should make us have a good time, bring a little sun into our lives.
Let’s talk about the performance, the staging was incredible (I loved it), who came up with the idea?
I have to thank all the team that had this idea especially Marika. When she offered me this idea I said we go for it. I always liked the scene and the live and I really enjoyed myself.

Can we expect any changes for the final?
We will refine some details but the general form will remain the same. We will try to take even more pleasure and then this time the public will know the song completely. I hope they will be there to support me and sing with me.
Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
There are very pretty music, everyone is happy to be there and that's the point. I have a small preference for Chimène Badi, Seemone and Doutson.

What do you like about Eurovision?
Communion between people and countries. It is an event that brings people together and works for peace. We are all humans first and foremost.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Criticism is too easy with disrespect to the show. People do not realize the work behind it.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Nightmare: loss of voice
Water: life
Noise: silence
+18: reality
Prof de sport: pleasure
Dreams: conquer the world with my music
Thanks to Silvàn for the interview! All the best in the final!

Facebook: silvanaregoff/
Instagram: silvanaregoff/
Twitter: silvanaregoff

No comments:

Post a Comment